    is: WS03SP1_RTM_1830_PX6_EN.iso

    Can anyone advise?

    Thank you
    RichM, Dec 11, 2007

  2. RichM

    Carlos Guest

    RichM,
    This is a commong "burning" error.
    You don't have to burn the *.iso file to the CD as a regular file.
    You have to burn it as an image on the CD.
    In Nero you would click on "Recorder", Burn Image, and then point to the ISO
    file.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 11, 2007

  3. RichM

    Kue2 Guest

    Carlos in Nero all you have to do is double click on the iso file & Nero
    will take over & ask if you want to make a cd or dvd of it. {:)))

    Kue2, Dec 11, 2007
  4. RichM

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    Thanks for the tip.
    I have the ISO files associated to WinRAR rather than Nero.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 11, 2007
  5. RichM

    RichM Guest

    Thanks. Writing it to the CD as an image woked. Double-clicking it didn't as
    Nero didn't open and take over as was suggested.

    Anyway, the real issue now is that I tried to install it on my virtual
    machine and I get the following error message: "This version of Windows
    cannot be installed on this machine." I am totally overwhelmed by the amount
    of useful information in this error message. So, I looked at the system
    requirments and it says:

    <Computer with a supported processor: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon
    with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support>

    I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor. Is this my problem? I have all the
    other requirements. Where do I start looking?

    Thank you.

    RichM, Dec 11, 2007
  6. RichM

    Carlos Guest

    RichM,
    It means that your VM host doesn't support x64 guests.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 11, 2007
  7. RichM

    RichM Guest

    The reason to try it on my VM first is to see if I have enough compatibility
    to run it on my host. I'm not into experimenting with x64 on my host and
    thought the VM was the perfect solution. Is there a work-around?

    thanks

    RichM, Dec 11, 2007
  8. RichM

    Carlos Guest

    RichM,
    I'm no VM expert.
    Microsoft VPC
    (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/overview.mspx)
    only supports 32-bit guests.
    Don't know what happens with VMWare (www.vmware.com)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 11, 2007
  9. RichM

    RichM Guest

    Okay, thanks. Too bad.

    RichM, Dec 11, 2007
  10. Yes, you can install it using VMWare. Both VMWare Server and VMWare
    Workstation support 64bit guests. No shipping Microsoft virtualization
    solution supports 64bit guests.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 12, 2007
  11. RichM

    RichM Guest

    Thanks. I have downloaded a trial of VM Workstation. I am, howvere, having a
    problem trying to install the trial verison of XP Prox64. It is asking me for
    a product key which I do not have with the trial version. Any thoughts? I am
    going to start a new thread on this issue as well.

    Thanks.

    RichM, Dec 12, 2007