    some directories on the XP home PC so the Vista machine can access them, but
    Vista dosn't seam to see either the PC or the shared directories / printer.

    Have I missed a step or two?

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=, Feb 28, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=

    JP Bless Guest

    Are all the pcs on same workgroup? Check and ensure all pcs belong to same
    workgroup and "printer and file sharing" is enabled in all pcs

    JP Bless, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Hi
    This following might help with File Sharing.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx>
    Printer Sharing XP -
    Firewall setting for Sharing XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    As for Vista printing, make sure that your printer has drivers for Vista,
    and than install them through the Control Panel Printers Ad printer network.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 28, 2007