    trying to repair for a friend who did not create a back up. Will pay a
    reasonable cost and postage.

    Thanks in advance
    ted_radioham, Mar 23, 2006

  2. ted_radioham wrote:
    > Anyone got a HP Pavilian T760.uk Desktop PC, I need the backup disk, I am
    > trying to repair for a friend who did not create a back up. Will pay a
    > reasonable cost and postage.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Do you mean the restore CD that came with the PC?
    Ian Ozenthroat, Mar 23, 2006

  3. ted_radioham

    ted_radioham Guest

    Yes Ian, this model does not to my knowledge come with one, the restore is
    in a partition on the HD but a backup was never made.I am guessing because
    the Chap I am trying to help is 79 and has a poor memory so that not
    helping. I see from the HP site that some basic drivers on their site but
    obviously this would not include the restore disk that I assume has both XP
    Home and all the related drivers ( I Guess )

    Ted
    ted_radioham, Mar 23, 2006
  4. ted_radioham wrote:
    > Yes Ian, this model does not to my knowledge come with one, the restore is
    > in a partition on the HD but a backup was never made.I am guessing because
    > the Chap I am trying to help is 79 and has a poor memory so that not
    > helping. I see from the HP site that some basic drivers on their site but
    > obviously this would not include the restore disk that I assume has both XP
    > Home and all the related drivers ( I Guess )
    >
    > Ted

    What problems with the PC? Can we fix them without restoring back to
    'factory status'?
    You could always get an OEM version of XP and install that from fresh.
    Ian Ozenthroat, Mar 30, 2006