Setup and Partition 2 Hard Drives

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DiddyS, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. DiddyS

    DiddyS Guest

    Hi,

    My computer has two hard drives - one 40Gb, the other 80GB and I am
    wondering how best to set them up for security of data and best performance.

    I am thinking of dividing each disk into two partitions. Obviously one will
    be the C drive with WinXP and my Applications.

    I want to keep my data separately and also keep separate backups of the C
    drive and my data.

    Should I partition the 80GB disk as "C drive" and "Data" and partition the
    40GB disk as "Image of C" and "Backup of Data" or would placing my data on a
    separate physical drive from WinXP and my Apps (or some other permutation of
    the above) be a better idea?

    I use the computer mainly for image editing (Photoshop7) and some small
    databases, spreadsheets and the occasional Word document.

    Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ideas.

    Derek

    PS. Remove my head ware to email me.

    DiddyS, Nov 28, 2003