setup 2 SPA-3102 for p2p over LAN

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by circaeng@hotmail.com, May 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have 2 SPA-3102 units and I am trying to configure them so I can
    make p2p calls via a private LAN and have analog phones connected to
    both of them sharing a single POTS (for incoming and outgoing calls)
    line connnected to only one of them.

    Hardware and connection I curently have:

    1) Two spa-3102 each with an analog phone connected to them
    2) One of the spa-3102 is connected to a POTS phone line
    3) Both spa-3102s are connected together via a private wifi LAN

    What I would like to be able to use this for:

    1) make p2p calls between the two analog phones connected to each
    spa-3102 kind of like an intercom
    2) incoming calls on the POTS line should ring both analog phones on
    both spa-3102s
    3) Both analog phones should be able to make outgoing calls using the
    single POTS line connected to one of the spa-3102

    Before someone asks, the reason for all this is that each spa-3102 is
    in a separate building that cannot be wired together but they are
    linked with a wifi network and I want the two building to use the one
    POTS line available in only one of the buildings and have the
    possibility to communicate p2p between the two buildings.

    I am new to VOIP and have spent a couple of days searching for info/
    tutorials on the net but cannot find anything similar to what I want
    to do. The wizards I found all assume you use a Voip provider in some
    way.

    Any help/pointers tutorial or book references appreciated

    Thank You

    Patrick Robin
    , May 14, 2007

  2. Jono Guest

    <http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf>
    Jono, May 15, 2007

  3. Guest

    On May 15, 2:53 pm, Jono <> wrote:
    > After serious thinking wrote :
    >

    > > Hello,

    > > I have 2 SPA-3102 units and I am trying to configure them so I can
    > > make p2p calls via a private LAN and have analog phones connected to
    > > both of them sharing a single POTS (for incoming and outgoing calls)
    > > line connnected to only one of them.

    > > Hardware and connection I curently have:

    > > 1) Two spa-3102 each with an analog phone connected to them
    > > 2) One of the spa-3102 is connected to a POTS phone line
    > > 3) Both spa-3102s are connected together via a private wifi LAN

    > > What I would like to be able to use this for:

    > > 1) make p2p calls between the two analog phones connected to each
    > > spa-3102 kind of like an intercom
    > > 2) incoming calls on the POTS line should ring both analog phones on
    > > both spa-3102s
    > > 3) Both analog phones should be able to make outgoing calls using the
    > > single POTS line connected to one of the spa-3102

    > > Before someone asks, the reason for all this is that each spa-3102 is
    > > in a separate building that cannot be wired together but they are
    > > linked with a wifi network and I want the two building to use the one
    > > POTS line available in only one of the buildings and have the
    > > possibility to communicate p2p between the two buildings.

    > > I am new to VOIP and have spent a couple of days searching for info/
    > > tutorials on the net but cannot find anything similar to what I want
    > > to do. The wizards I found all assume you use a Voip provider in some
    > > way.

    > > Any help/pointers tutorial or book references appreciated

    > > Thank You

    > > Patrick Robin

    > <http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf>

    Thank You,

    I found this link yesterday evening and it did work and give me item 3
    and half of item 2 in my features list above. For those who might try
    something similar, what gave me the most trouble initialy is that I
    could not use the SPA-3102 ethernet ports to do this. I had to connect
    both of them to my LAN using the Internet ports and then I don't use
    the ethernet ports on the SPA-3102. To me that was counter intuitive.

    Patrick Robin
    , May 15, 2007