    access point. However, laptop cannot see other two computers when
    looking at listing in network/MSHOME in Network. What settings remain
    to be checked and changed?
    Dave, May 8, 2007

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On May 7, 5:50 pm, Dave <> wrote:
    > I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. I have changed the
    > laptop's workgroup name to same as other two PCs in the house
    > (MSHOME). Laptop connects to Internet just fine through wireless
    > access point. However, laptop cannot see other two computers when
    > looking at listing in network/MSHOME in Network. What settings remain
    > to be checked and changed?

    I have solved the problem. Had to set network to "private" on the
    Vista machine. Obscure Microsoft....
    Dave, May 8, 2007

  3. Dave

    why? Guest

    On 7 May 2007 17:39:49 -0700, Dave wrote:

    >On May 7, 5:50 pm, Dave <> wrote:
    >> I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. I have changed the
    >> laptop's workgroup name to same as other two PCs in the house
    >> (MSHOME). Laptop connects to Internet just fine through wireless
    >> access point. However, laptop cannot see other two computers when
    >> looking at listing in network/MSHOME in Network. What settings remain
    >> to be checked and changed?

    >I have solved the problem. Had to set network to "private" on the
    >Vista machine. Obscure Microsoft....

    Not really, it was mentioned yesterday / day before in another post in
    24HSHD and a few times before that.

    thread - How to set up a home network with a Desktop XP System & A
    Laptop Vista???

    Me
    why?, May 8, 2007