    - Power Mode (now: Continuous Access Mode)
    - RTS Treshold (now: 4096)
    I do not find a possibility to set the speed. Anyone a idea?
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbkQ=?=, Nov 10, 2006

  2. Hi

    I would suggest that you leave every thing on default and Auto Speed. (
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#nicspeed )

    In addition, try this - Optimizing the TCP/IP Stack,
    http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 10, 2006

  3. "HeinD" wrote:
    > XP (servicepack 2), Linksys wireless-G card, linksys wireless router.
    > I have a reasonable internet speed on two computers.
    > Problem:
    > Low speed in datatransfer between two computers. I read somewhere that it
    > might be caused by the difference in speeds of the connection. On 1 PC I have
    > installed the linksyssoftware and I can change the speed from auto to 100
    > MBit.
    > On the other (laptop) I configured the card with XP. I do find in advanced
    > settings:
    > - Fragmentation treshold (now: 4096)
    > - Mode4x (now: on)
    > - Network Type (now: 11g)
    > - Power Mode (now: Continuous Access Mode)
    > - RTS Treshold (now: 4096)
    > I do not find a possibility to set the speed. Anyone a idea?

    You can't "set" the speed. What you get is result of the radio signal
    conditions between the computer and AP.
    It can be improved by changing the channel in the AP; also, try to move
    the computer and check for interferences (microwave, 2.4 ghz phones,
    and so on).

    The 100 mbit mode of some vendors is actually joining two 54 mbit channels
    together.
    Link speed (as shown on the pictures on the wonderful ezlan.net site)
    is absolutely not relevant for wireless LAN. They also do not have "duplex".

    Regards,
    --PA
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Nov 12, 2006