    Would appreciate an answer.

    Thank you.

    Mary C. Lydon
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeSBDLg==?=, Mar 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeSBDLg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Mary C. wrote:

    > I have an IBM laptop with 98 and would like to know if it is possible
    > to set
    > up a wireless connection. I want to use it outside my home. On my
    > desktop I
    > have XP Professional. I do not want to connect the both.
    >
    > If I can set it up on my laptop what do I have to do?

    It is extremely unlikely that a Windows 98 computer came with a wireless
    adapter built in. You'll need to buy one, but make very sure whatever
    you buy works on Windows 98. Right-click on the My Computer icon and
    choose Properties to see if you have Win98 First or Second Edition. If
    you only have First Edition, you may not be able to find an adapter
    that will work. If you have Second Edition, you should be OK but always
    check the hardware's system requirements before buying.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com