    Win98se. All Sony comperters except of the 1 PC. Can I network them all?
    What all do I need. My biggest problum is with the PC that is not Sony (it
    may be to far away). Please help I am about to give up.
    =?Utf-8?B?dnNlbW9yeQ==?=, Nov 6, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dnNlbW9yeQ==?=

    Malke Guest

    vsemory wrote:

    > I have 3 PC's (2 running XP and 1 running XP Media) and 2 laptops both
    > running Win98se. All Sony comperters except of the 1 PC. Can I network
    > them all? What all do I need. My biggest problum is with the PC that
    > is not Sony (it may be to far away). Please help I am about to give
    > up.

    Why are you about to give up? What have you tried that didn't work?

    Computers running all MS operating systems can share files and printers.
    The brand of the computer is irrelevant. Is file/printer sharing the
    problem you're grappling with or is it the actual wireless network
    setup?

    You haven't told us what wireless hardware you're using - the router and
    the wireless network adapters in the computers. What is "too far away"?

    Without more specific information from you, it's impossible to give you
    focused help. In the meantime, here are links explaining basic
    networking which may help you:

    Naturally you don't need to buy Linksys equipment, but this site has
    good information geared to home/end users:
    Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/