    have SP2 on the computer, so there must be a way of finding it as it was
    included in SP2. Advice would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

    Erik
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpaw==?=, Dec 6, 2004

  2. assuming you meant WPA.

    you also need to make sure that your network card supports WPA. check with
    your network adapter manufacture and ensure your adapter supports WPA, then
    verify you are running the latest firmware and drivers for your adapter.

    once your are sure your hardware supports WPA and is up to date this will
    help you with the WPA configuration,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx

    --
    Joshua
    [MSFT]

    "Erik" <> wrote in message
    I am trying to set up WAP encryption as I have heard WEP is worthless. I
    can
    find an option for WAP on my router (linksys) setup page, but I do not see
    WAP in my network connection properties (only WEP and Disabled are there).

    Joshua Teague [MSFT], Dec 6, 2004