    Internet Information Services (IIS)". Do I need to configure something
    in IIS?

    Any Thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance

    McKinley Morganfield, Jul 15, 2006

  2. McKinley Morganfield

    eljefe Guest

    eljefe, Jul 16, 2006

  3. McKinley Morganfield

    eljefe Guest

    did you set up group policy object to link your domain GPO to, you should
    also check to make sure you have these settings
    1. Specifiy intranet Microsoft update service location is= Enabled
    2. Set the intranet update service for detecting updates= http://servername
    3. Set the intranet statistics server= http://servername

    eljefe, Jul 16, 2006
  4. Seem to remember I had a little difficulty setting this beast up. In the end
    I run WSUS on a non-standard port and everything went swimmingly. Good luck!
    GnJ

    GoodNightJones, Jul 17, 2006
  5. GoodNightJones wrote:
    > Seem to remember I had a little difficulty setting this beast up. In the end
    > I run WSUS on a non-standard port and everything went swimmingly. Good luck!
    > GnJ
    >
    > "eljefe" <> wrote in message
    >> did you set up group policy object to link your domain GPO to, you should
    >> also check to make sure you have these settings
    >> 1. Specifiy intranet Microsoft update service location is= Enabled
    >> 2. Set the intranet update service for detecting updates=
    >> http://servername
    >> 3. Set the intranet statistics server= http://servername
    >>

    >> "McKinley Morganfield" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone had any luck setting up a SUS server? I have tried using
    >>> VMWare server with 2K3 DC, 2 XP clients, and another 2K3 member server
    >>> to be used as the SUS server. This did not work, so I tried another PC.
    >>> Still the same thing.
    >>>
    >>> IIS is installed but when I try to access the SUSAdmin page I get the
    >>> following error "HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due
    >>> to an ACL set on the requested resource.
    >>> Internet Information Services (IIS)". Do I need to configure something
    >>> in IIS?
    >>>
    >>> Any Thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance

    I went to IIS, Web Sites, SUSAdmin --> properites, Directory security
    --> edit and checked "Integrated Windows Authentication". Thanks for the

    McKinley Morganfield, Jul 21, 2006