Setting up raid 0 on Asus P5WD2-E Premium?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jeanfrancois.chapdelaine@gmail.com, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I just finished building my new computer. Here are the specs:

    Asus P5WD2-E Premium
    Pentium D 805 2.6GHz
    2 x 512MB OCZ DDR2 800MHz Platinum Dual Channel
    2 x 250GB Western Digital KS SATA 2 - 16Mb buffer
    ATI RADEON X1600 512MB PCI-E

    I'm not very familiar with raid. It the first time I try this. From
    what I have read on the subject, the best way to install windows on
    striped drive is to set the array in the "bios" or the raid controller
    interface and then load the raid controller's driver from
    a floppy during the windows installation.

    I have read the Asus P5WD2-E Premium user manual and from what I can
    understand there is 3 different raid controller on that board. The
    Silicon image Raid, the Intel Raid and the ITE 8212F Raid.

    Now my questions are,

    1.Witch controller should I use? ( faster/better )
    2.Where do I plug my hard drives on the board so they will work with
    that controller? (Near the Southbridge chipset or at bottom of the
    board?)
    3.How do I enable that controller in the bios?
    4.And witch floppy driver correspond to witch controller?

    When I will know all this, I should be more then OK to setup this
    thing.

    Thanks for your help and patience.

    JF

    , Jun 21, 2006

  2. old man Guest

    Re 2,3 & 4
    I thought you said you'd read the manual?
    I take it your aware raid 0 has no data redundancy, lose one disk and you
    lose the all!

    old man, Jun 22, 2006