    Have checked Mozilla support pages but can't find a clear answer to this.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Oct 3, 2007

  2. Kenny

    ded Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Trying this as an alternative to OE.
    > Setting it up it imported mail settings OK from OE but didn't import
    > newsgroup settings or lists of subscribed groups.
    > I use Madasafish, (my ISP), and MS servers with a number of groups in each
    > one.
    > I know I can set up each group separately and then find all the groups
    > again but is there an easier way?
    > Can the newsserver settings and lists of subscribed of groups not be
    > imported from OE?
    > Have checked Mozilla support pages but can't find a clear answer to this.
    >
    > --
    > Kenny Cargill

    Open TB
    By default a dialog should appear:
    "Use Thunderbird as the default client for:"
    Then will be listed "Email"/"Newsgroups"/"RSS feeds"
    You just place tick in appropriate boxes.
    If the Default Client dosen't appear, click on:
    Tools>Options
    Under the general tab, Tick: "Always check to see if TB is default on start
    etc"
    Click: "OK"
    Close TB
    Open TB, you will get the Options dialog, place Tick in Newsgroups
    Click OK, and it will import settings etc

    ded, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply.
    Have been through that a few times but don't get the Options, place tick in
    newsgroups.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Oct 4, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Gordon Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply.
    > Have been through that a few times but don't get the Options, place tick
    > in newsgroups.

    That's correct - TBird will only import news settings from another instance
    of TBird AFAIK - you will have to set them up manually.

    Gordon, Oct 4, 2007