setting up networks as per the training kit manual for ms win professional

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by val, May 25, 2004.

  1. val

    val Guest

    I recently downloaded material for the netg microsoft
    windows professional online course. My student no. is
    53/2758. Unfortunately my computer became infected with
    the sasser worm. I installed the MS patch , ran a norton
    recovery program and my antivirus software & confgrd my
    firewalls. Now i want to remaster my computer and
    download the same files /course work again...is this
    possible using a firewall ?I have a compaq armada 110
    with Windows ME ; laptop . Can i download the material
    onto this?

    Also I am trying to set up a home nertwork as practice
    for the CD with the manual/training kit fot MS win
    Professional Installation & Configuration. The network is
    as proposed is as follows:

    desktop with XP home edition (maybe wth a parrtnd copy of
    MS win Advanced Server)

    laptop with ME to run a partioned copy of Win 2000
    Professional evaluation copy

    desktop with win 98 . 128 MB RAM, 7 GB hard disk as Win
    2000 Server (evaluation copy) Primary Domain Controller...
    (any hints on installin & partioning these evaluation cds)

    I am having problems in installing a home network as an
    initiatory network with desktop XP connectg to the laptop
    ME.

    i have created a network setup floppy disk from my
    desktop with XP home edition for a laptop with ME . The
    laptop comes up with the error "Rundll32 has caused an
    error in <unknown>". "Rundll32 will now close" . when
    inserted and executed..... could you suggest a
    solution .THANKS.

    PS I have run the Network setup Wizard on both
    computers ; XP first . I have NACs in both & a crossover
    cable . With XP Home edition do I get pre-installed
    drivers for a 3c90x NAC from 3com (10/100 Ethernet NAC).
    Both NAcs are installed with no exclamations nxt to thm
    in Device Manager.

    Also I would like to create a partition on my laptop ; it
    has 512 mb ram , 1.74GB availbl virtl memory / 1.45GB
    page file space and a partition on my desktop with 1.43
    GB available virtual memory, 1.22 GB page file space...so
    I can install MS win ADv Server & or Professional this
    inc . on a third comp. with a celeron processor running
    win 98 with 7197 mb available on drive c/ 64 mb ram... ms
    server diks are evaluation copies.thanks again...

    thanks.await ur reponse

    val

    val, May 25, 2004

  2. val

    showie Guest

    your setting up a big mess, this will help you very little
    on the exams, get a eval. copy of win server'03 and run a
    proper network

    showie, May 25, 2004

  3. val

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 05:58:25 -0700, "val"
    <> wrote:

    >I recently downloaded material for the netg microsoft
    >windows professional online course. My student no. is
    >53/2758. Unfortunately my computer became infected with
    >the sasser worm. I installed the MS patch , ran a norton
    >recovery program and my antivirus software & confgrd my
    >firewalls. Now i want to remaster my computer and
    >download the same files /course work again...is this
    >possible using a firewall ?I have a compaq armada 110
    >with Windows ME ; laptop . Can i download the material
    >onto this?

    An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. This
    will allow you to install multiple OS's on one machine and network
    them together using the MS Loopback adapter.

    This way you won't have to worry about partitioning your hard disk as
    the virtual machines' hard diskss are represented as files on your
    existing machine. Server OS's aren't officially supported but I'm
    having no trouble running W2K3, W2K, Solaris 8 x86 and Oracle 10g all
    on the one machine - although you do need a machine with oodles of
    memory for this :)

    Try it free here :

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8C-3E10-4C54-BCD5-ADC1E780715F&displaylang=en

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, May 25, 2004
  4. val

    Neil Guest

    Paul Lynch <> wrote in

    > An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004.

    Or vmware...

    (Paul would be the official VPC rep and I will be the VM rep. They do
    basically the same thing. VMware has been around alonger but VPC is MS.
    You still need scads of RAM for both. Your free demo of vmware can be
    found at:
    http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/newstore/wkst_eval_login.jsp
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/2w33r )

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 25, 2004
  5. val

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 07:56:54 -0700, Neil <>
    wrote:

    >Paul Lynch <> wrote in
    >
    >> An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004.

    >Or vmware...
    >
    >(Paul would be the official VPC rep and I will be the VM rep. They do
    >basically the same thing. VMware has been around alonger but VPC is MS.
    >You still need scads of RAM for both. Your free demo of vmware can be
    >found at:
    >http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/newstore/wkst_eval_login.jsp
    >or
    >http://tinyurl.com/2w33r )

    No, use mine, use mine......

    Pick me, pick me !!!

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, May 25, 2004
  6. val

    Consultant Guest

    paul is real

    Consultant, May 25, 2004
  7. val

    Neil Guest

    Paul Lynch <> wrote in

    > No, use mine, use mine......
    >
    > Pick me, pick me !!!

    Don't make me dig out my student discount offers....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 25, 2004
  8. val

    Neil Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:eXk2t7mQEHA.3348
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > paul is real

    I'm hurt...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 25, 2004
  9. val

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Consultant" <> wrote in news:eXk2t7mQEHA.3348
    > @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    >
    > > paul is real

    > I'm hurt...
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    But Neil has NEW updates

    ---
    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    ---

    LnkWizard, May 25, 2004
  10. val

    Neil Guest

    >> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >> > paul is real

    >> I'm hurt...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Neil MCNGP #30
    >> "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"

    > But Neil has NEW updates

    Lnk you're....the best

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  11. >Lnk you're....the best

    LnkWizard is real

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 26, 2004
  12. val

    Neil Guest

    > LnkWizard is real

    updated?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  13. val

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> wrote in
    >
    > > LnkWizard is real

    > updated?

    LnkWizard more than allitcertkill*$(^*#(^&NO CARRIER$(*^

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, May 26, 2004
  14. val

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:#3MhRq0QEHA.964
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >> The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> wrote in
    >>
    >> > LnkWizard is real

    >> updated?

    > LnkWizard more than allitcertkill*$(^*#(^&NO CARRIER$(*^

    the best

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  15. val

    Worm Guest

    "val" <> wrote in message
    > I recently downloaded material for the netg microsoft
    > windows professional online course. My student no. is
    > 53/2758. Unfortunately my computer became infected with
    > the sasser worm. I installed the MS patch , ran a norton
    > recovery program and my antivirus software & confgrd my
    > firewalls. Now i want to remaster my computer and
    > download the same files /course work again...is this
    > possible using a firewall ?I have a compaq armada 110
    > with Windows ME ; laptop . Can i download the material
    > onto this?

    No, you need to buy a new Dell Latitude to do that.

    > Also I am trying to set up a home nertwork as practice
    > for the CD with the manual/training kit fot MS win
    > Professional Installation & Configuration. The network is
    > as proposed is as follows:
    >
    > desktop with XP home edition (maybe wth a parrtnd copy of
    > MS win Advanced Server)
    >
    > laptop with ME to run a partioned copy of Win 2000
    > Professional evaluation copy
    >
    > desktop with win 98 . 128 MB RAM, 7 GB hard disk as Win
    > 2000 Server (evaluation copy) Primary Domain Controller...
    > (any hints on installin & partioning these evaluation cds)

    Format first.

    > I am having problems in installing a home network as an
    > initiatory network with desktop XP connectg to the laptop
    > ME.

    Surprise, surprise.

    > i have created a network setup floppy disk from my
    > desktop with XP home edition for a laptop with ME . The
    > laptop comes up with the error "Rundll32 has caused an
    > error in <unknown>". "Rundll32 will now close" . when
    > inserted and executed..... could you suggest a
    > solution .THANKS.

    Format and reinstall.

    > PS I have run the Network setup Wizard on both
    > computers ; XP first . I have NACs in both & a crossover
    > cable . With XP Home edition do I get pre-installed
    > drivers for a 3c90x NAC from 3com (10/100 Ethernet NAC).
    > Both NAcs are installed with no exclamations nxt to thm
    > in Device Manager.
    >

    > Also I would like to create a partition on my laptop ; it
    > has 512 mb ram , 1.74GB availbl virtl memory / 1.45GB
    > page file space and a partition on my desktop with 1.43
    > GB available virtual memory, 1.22 GB page file space...so
    > I can install MS win ADv Server & or Professional this
    > inc . on a third comp. with a celeron processor running
    > win 98 with 7197 mb available on drive c/ 64 mb ram... ms
    > server diks are evaluation copies.thanks again...
    >
    > thanks.await ur reponse
    >
    > val

    Yer welcome.

    Worm, Jul 12, 2004