Setting up network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by sat, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. sat

    sat Guest

    Follow-up: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

    Desktop Win XP HE SP1
    Laptop Win XP HE SP2

    Set-up: Desktop hooked to Linksys Wireless router--but hooked into port
    through LAN Cable
    Laptop connects to router wirelessly

    Laptop and desktop CAN ping each other.

    Excuse my complete ignorance but I would like to hook my desktop and
    laptop up on some kind o network so that they can see each other, can
    share some files but most importantly, I can print from the laptop to
    the printer hooked up to the desktop.

    I know it is very feasible and not difficult to do (I have used such
    set-up on a friend's wireless network at his place.)

    Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

    Thanks. S

    sat, Dec 9, 2005