Setting up LAN using network wizard - cannot copy zClientm.ex_

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgSG9ic29u?=, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. I have just successfully installed the hardware for setting up a LAN between
    my two desktops at home - both runnning XP2 Home. The hardware is a Linksys
    Gateway WAG54GS and WUSB54GS adapter. They both connect to the internet
    fine. I have NAV installed on both machines.

    When I run the network setup wizard it stops and says it needs a file called
    'zClientm.ex_' on the Windows XP HE CD-Rom. I've inserted the CD, located
    the file (in \i386 folder) but then the wizard says it cannot copy the file.
    If I tell the wizard to continue anyway at that point the setup continues and
    reports it has successfully set up the network. However when I try to set a
    file or folder to be shared by right clicking properties in explorer I get a
    message "An error occurred while trying to share <filename>. The Server
    service is not started", but I cannot access or see the other computer from
    either machine.

    I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Maybe the NAV firewall or some other
    basic mistake but I first want to check what's happening with this zClientm
    error and eliminate that from the list. I've tried using a different Windows
    XP setup CD-Rom but get the same zClientm error.

    Any suggestions about this?

    Thanks.

    --
    Peter
    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgSG9ic29u?=, Apr 24, 2006

  2. Right click on my computer and select manage - expand the services and
    applications node and highlight services.

    Check to see if the server service is running if not try to start it. I
    would make the service start automatically.
    If it does not start check event viewer for errors and post them.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    Danny Sanders, Apr 24, 2006