setting up LAN to LAN with overlapping IP addresses

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by coco31, Apr 30, 2007.

  1. coco31

    coco31 Guest

    Hi, I have a cisco 3005 concentrator and we've set up several LAN to
    LAN tunnel with various customers. i'm currently encountering a
    problem setting up a new LAN to LAN tunnel with a new customer..

    New customer's IP scheme is 10.1.0.0/16
    Existing customer 1 is using 10.1.2.0/24, C2 is using 10.1.3.0/24, C3
    is using 10.1.4.0/24..

    all customers need to establish connections to us in order to access
    our application data server..

    i've tried to set up LAN to LAN with this new customer using their IP
    scheme but it didn't work... is it because of their broad range of IP
    hosts??? if that's the case, what can you suggest to make it work
    without our new customer to change their private network scheme??

    one thing we've tried is asking new customer to change one desktop to
    use static IP of 10.1.5.X /16 and it works great.. we've proposed this
    idea to our new customer but they refused to use static IP on the 15
    computers that will be connecting to us...

    thanks.

    janet

    coco31, Apr 30, 2007

  2. coco31

    Thrill5 Guest

    Use NAT.

    Scott

    Thrill5, May 1, 2007

  3. coco31

    coco31 Guest

    On Apr 30, 9:18 pm, "Thrill5" <> wrote:
    > Use NAT.
    >
    > Scott"coco31" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi, I have a cisco 3005 concentrator and we've set up several LAN to
    > > LAN tunnel with various customers. i'm currently encountering a
    > > problem setting up a new LAN to LAN tunnel with a new customer..

    > > New customer's IP scheme is 10.1.0.0/16
    > > Existing customer 1 is using 10.1.2.0/24, C2 is using 10.1.3.0/24, C3
    > > is using 10.1.4.0/24..

    > > all customers need to establish connections to us in order to access
    > > our application data server..

    > > i've tried to set up LAN to LAN with this new customer using their IP
    > > scheme but it didn't work... is it because of their broad range of IP
    > > hosts??? if that's the case, what can you suggest to make it work
    > > without our new customer to change their private network scheme??

    > > one thing we've tried is asking new customer to change one desktop to
    > > use static IP of 10.1.5.X /16 and it works great.. we've proposed this
    > > idea to our new customer but they refused to use static IP on the 15
    > > computers that will be connecting to us...

    > > thanks.

    > > janet

    use nat for the new customer's ip scheme only?? can you go into more
    detailed about it?? thanks

    coco31, May 1, 2007