    any suggestions welcome.
    thanks
    I am in UK, staffordshire.

    hEE Hee, Jan 30, 2004

  2. In article <lIySb.14034$>,
    id says...
    > Hi,
    > I want set up an internet cafe initially with 6 computers for customers
    > and one to control them ie the server.
    > I really do not know where to start! I want 7 TFT screens and standered
    > spec computers for broadband access.
    > any suggestions welcome.

    Find a consultant.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 30, 2004

  3. hEE Hee

    Harrison Guest

    You need to hire a professional for guidance on this project.
    If you were capable of doing it alone, you would not have posted this
    question to begin with.
    Have the consultant asses your needs and budget, and make
    recommendations accordingly.

    Harrison, Jan 30, 2004
  4. hEE Hee

    HamMan Guest

    www.dell.co.uk > small business site, get the cheapest celerons they have
    www.dabs.com > ADSL / Cable Ethernet router + 8 port SWITCH
    www.eclipse.net.uk > ADSL access, you'll want the 2mbps one

    HamMan, Jan 30, 2004
  5. hEE Hee

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:28:26 -0000, Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    >In article <lIySb.14034$>,
    > says...
    >> Hi,
    >> I want set up an internet cafe initially with 6 computers for customers
    >> and one to control them ie the server.
    >> I really do not know where to start! I want 7 TFT screens and standered
    >> spec computers for broadband access.
    >> any suggestions welcome.

    >Find a consultant.

    Marry the consultant, cuts down startup costs.

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2004
  6. hEE Hee

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:16:55 GMT, why? wrote:

    >On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:28:26 -0000, Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    >>In article <lIySb.14034$>,
    >> says...
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I want set up an internet cafe initially with 6 computers for customers
    >>> and one to control them ie the server.
    >>> I really do not know where to start! I want 7 TFT screens and standered
    >>> spec computers for broadband access.
    >>> any suggestions welcome.

    >>Find a consultant.

    >Marry the consultant, cuts down startup costs.

    Aghh.

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98

    Mara, Jan 30, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz says...

    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:28:26 -0000, Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > >In article <lIySb.14034$>,
    > > says...
    > >> Hi,
    > >> I want set up an internet cafe initially with 6 computers for customers
    > >> and one to control them ie the server.
    > >> I really do not know where to start! I want 7 TFT screens and standered
    > >> spec computers for broadband access.
    > >> any suggestions welcome.

    > >Find a consultant.

    > Marry the consultant, cuts down startup costs.

    Depends if she likes shoes, though.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 30, 2004
  8. Quote of the Decade

    This was just TOO perfect to not send around......
    Grabbed from - http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/35226.html

    David Bradley, one of the 'dirty dozen' engineers who
    created the original IBM PC at Boca Raton, Florida, is
    to retire this week after 29 years with the company.

    "I may have invented control-alt-delete,
    but Bill Gates made it really famous,"
    he told a gathering at the twentieth anniversary of the PC.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 31, 2004
  9. hEE Hee

    Boomer Guest

    Re: Quote of the Decade

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ <> wrote in

    > This was just TOO perfect to not send around......
    > Grabbed from - http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/35226.html
    >
    > David Bradley, one of the 'dirty dozen' engineers who
    > created the original IBM PC at Boca Raton, Florida, is
    > to retire this week after 29 years with the company.
    >
    > "I may have invented control-alt-delete,
    > but Bill Gates made it really famous,"
    > he told a gathering at the twentieth anniversary of the PC.

    Excellent!! ;)

    Thanks, BuffNET!

    Boomer, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Re: Quote of the Decade

    It was on Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:30:32 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ wrote:

    > This was just TOO perfect to not send around...... Grabbed from -
    >
    > David Bradley, one of the 'dirty dozen' engineers who created the
    > original IBM PC at Boca Raton, Florida, is to retire this week after 29
    > years with the company.
    >
    > "I may have invented control-alt-delete, but Bill Gates made it really
    > famous," he told a gathering at the twentieth anniversary of the PC.

    LOL!

    --
    Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
    Using linux at home, since 1998

    William Poaster, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Check out the discussion forums at www.pac-manager.com.

    Our company develops management and marketing systems for cybercafes
    and gaming centers, as well as offering consulting services. We
    maintain a discussion board that contains a forum called "Starting &
    Running a Public Access Computer (PAC) Business". It contains a good
    deal of start-up information you will find helpful.

    Ron

    PAC Manager Ron H, Jan 31, 2004