    or Recipes etc. Please help.

    Thank you in advance.

    Sammie MacFarlane

    Sammie MacFarlane, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Sammie MacFarlane

    Mcploppy © Guest

    In news:yVnLa.29463$,
    Sammie MacFarlane <> typed:
    > I want to download my software on my new computer, just reformatted
    > and I want to do it right. I've always put my files in the C drive
    > but I'm not able to make a new file there...says they are hidden
    > files. I wanted to make a folder with my name and subfolders under
    > that with Printing
    > or Recipes etc. Please help.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Sammie MacFarlane

    Why dont you create a folder in your "My Documents" folder labelled
    "Downloads" or something like that and save all files in that folder.
    This will help find items you have downloaded when you are carrying out back
    ups etc
    HTH
    --
    Greg Crawford
    **********************

    Mcploppy ©, Jun 28, 2003

  3. "Sammie MacFarlane" <> wrote in message
    I want to download my software on my new computer, just reformatted
    and I want to do it right. I've always put my files in the C drive but
    I'm not able to make a new file there...says they are hidden files. I
    wanted
    to make a folder with my name and subfolders under that with Printing
    or Recipes etc. Please help.

    Thank you in advance.
    "philo" <> wrote in message

    just use windows explorer and make a folder on your C: drive

    file...new...folder
    (you can give it any name you wish)

    it's not a good idea to just fill your root directory with downloads

    Thanks Philo...You wrote:
    " it's not a good idea to just fill your root directory with downloads"...
    what would be a better location than the C drive to put these software
    downloads?
    I have tons of printing programs that I use often plus many other
    categories, so
    share with me how to do this better.

    Sammie MacFarlane, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Sammie MacFarlane

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Mcploppy © continued:

    > In news:yVnLa.29463$,
    > Sammie MacFarlane <> typed:
    >> I want to download my software on my new computer, just reformatted
    >> and I want to do it right. I've always put my files in the C drive
    >> but I'm not able to make a new file there...says they are hidden
    >> files. I wanted to make a folder with my name and subfolders under
    >> that with Printing
    >> or Recipes etc. Please help.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.
    >>
    >> Sammie MacFarlane
    >>

    > Why dont you create a folder in your "My Documents" folder labelled
    > "Downloads" or something like that and save all files in that folder.
    > This will help find items you have downloaded when you are carrying
    > out back ups etc
    > HTH

    Best not to overload My Docs with knitting patterns and apple-pie recipes
    tho ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 28, 2003
  5. Sammie MacFarlane

    Mcploppy © Guest

    In news:bdl37v$tvgsi$,
    Slumpy <> bashed at the keyboard and said..:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Mcploppy © continued:
    >
    >> In news:yVnLa.29463$,
    >> Sammie MacFarlane <> typed:
    >>> I want to download my software on my new computer, just reformatted
    >>> and I want to do it right. I've always put my files in the C drive
    >>> but I'm not able to make a new file there...says they are hidden
    >>> files. I wanted to make a folder with my name and subfolders under
    >>> that with Printing
    >>> or Recipes etc. Please help.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance.
    >>>
    >>> Sammie MacFarlane
    >>>

    >> Why dont you create a folder in your "My Documents" folder labelled
    >> "Downloads" or something like that and save all files in that folder.
    >> This will help find items you have downloaded when you are carrying
    >> out back ups etc
    >> HTH

    > Best not to overload My Docs with knitting patterns and apple-pie
    > recipes tho ;-)

    Why .....where doe you keep yours... is there a special place in windows for
    "knitting patterns" I certainly have a lot of them, my favourite is the blue
    and white striped leather buttoned cardigan.....

    Mcploppy ©, Jun 28, 2003
  6. Sammie MacFarlane

    philo Guest

    <snipped>
    > Thanks Philo...You wrote:
    > " it's not a good idea to just fill your root directory with downloads"...
    > what would be a better location than the C drive to put these software
    > downloads?
    > I have tons of printing programs that I use often plus many other
    > categories, so
    > share with me how to do this better.

    remember, windows is here to serve you...

    just make the folders in any fashion that's convent for you

    you may make seperate folders or sub-folders in any way
    that you will be able to keep track of

    philo, Jun 28, 2003