    email.

    Kind regards
    Gary
    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyZGVi?=, Nov 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyZGVi?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Actually there is no reason why you can't have the same email address on
    more than one computer. So unless you need a different account just copy the
    settings from your pc to the laptop. To be sure that all email gets to both
    computers on the Advance (tab) under properties for the email account be
    sure to check leave a copy of messages on the server if you are using
    POP/SMTP accounts on both computers, for house keeping also check the two
    items under this setting.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Hi
    Or, and as a supplement, ,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/howto/oe/setup.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 15, 2006
  4. In addition to the advice of the others make sure you understand that you
    may not be able to send email using that SMTP account if your at a public
    hotspot or in a remote city. Many if not most ISPs have anti-relay rules in
    place to preclude that unless your actually connected to their network. An
    example is that I can not send email using my personal Cox HSI SMTP account
    while connected to my brothers home LAN unless I use my Cox WebMail
    interface. He happens to be on a Time Warner ISP...

    One work around is to use a web based email from your personal ISP or use a
    Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo/etc type account...

    Another issue is security at public wireless hotspots. Check with your ISP
    and see if they offer a SSL email connection. If not Gmail certainly does if
    you use the https://mail.google.com web interface or if you use a free SSL
    service like Mail2Web. Go to
    https://www.mail2web.com/cgi-bin/login.asp?lid=0&il=1 to use the service.
    The email address you use must be a POP3 type account...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Nov 15, 2006
  5. "gardeb" wrote:
    > can anybody help me set up an email address in outlook express on a laptop, I
    > have a wireless connection and access to the internet through the wireless,
    > however, i am not sure how to set up an email account, I have one on my pc
    > but I assume I cant have the same address on both computers. I need to be
    > able to set up with outlook express so that i can send word documents by
    > email.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Gary

    If you need to copy an Outlook Express account and files to other PC,
    just use the Files and settings transfer Wizard of WinXP.

    Also you may want to use Google mail (gmail.com) - it works
    everywhere and can keep all your mail on their server.
    As Microsoft kindly hosts this service, I should also notice Live.com :)

    Regards,
    --PA
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Nov 16, 2006