    Question is can I use 8 ports or just 4? Seems like I can only use 4 ports for the channel and also why do you think I am getting a Mismatch error when the ports are in the same vlan and configured to speed auto.

    Many thanks for your help.
    LondonDragon, Sep 28, 2007

  2. LondonDragon

    thort

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    Messages:
    35
    4 ports is max unless using some Gigabit modules, then 8 can by max.

    Also issue a 'show port' and 'show trunk' command with CatOS to view the vlans associated and the native vlan associated as well on both switches.

    Here is all the info you need:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a00800949c2.shtml

    'Mismatch in vlan number' means just that, specifically:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a00800949c2.shtml#mismatch

    Hope that helps
    thort, Sep 29, 2007

  3. LondonDragon

    LondonDragon

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Many thanks for your reply, in the end I figured that I could only use 4 ports and that I had diferent vlans on the trunk ports even though they were disabled as a trunk.

    All working fine now :)
    LondonDragon, Sep 29, 2007