Setting up C475IP with Sipgate - help please

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by tinnews@isbd.co.uk, Apr 11, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I have received my Siemens C475IP phones today, impressed so far.

    I have them working with my BT POTS line and with sipdiscount but I
    can't get them set up with sipgate. I suspect it's just finger
    trouble but could do with some help.

    The fields that the VOIP set up on the C475IP wants are:-

    Authentication Name:
    Authentication Password:
    Username:
    Display name:

    What I have with my Sipgate account are:-

    SIP-ID:
    Password:
    Nickname:

    So how do I map these onto what the C475IP wants?

    Also the C475IP wants:-

    Domain:

    For sipgate is this just sipgate.co.uk which is the same as the
    Registry and the Proxy? (for sipdiscount Domain: makes more sense).

    --
    Chris Green
    , Apr 11, 2008

  2. Paul Hayes Guest

    wrote:
    > I have received my Siemens C475IP phones today, impressed so far.
    >
    > I have them working with my BT POTS line and with sipdiscount but I
    > can't get them set up with sipgate. I suspect it's just finger
    > trouble but could do with some help.
    >
    > The fields that the VOIP set up on the C475IP wants are:-
    >
    > Authentication Name:

    SIP-ID

    > Authentication Password:

    Password

    > Username:

    SIP-ID

    > Display name:

    what ever you want....

    > What I have with my Sipgate account are:-
    >
    > SIP-ID:
    > Password:
    > Nickname:
    >
    > So how do I map these onto what the C475IP wants?
    >

    > Also the C475IP wants:-
    >
    > Domain:

    just use the same as the proxy and registrar here.

    > For sipgate is this just sipgate.co.uk which is the same as the
    > Registry and the Proxy? (for sipdiscount Domain: makes more sense).

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul Hayes, Apr 11, 2008

  3. Guest

    Paul Hayes <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have received my Siemens C475IP phones today, impressed so far.
    > >
    > > I have them working with my BT POTS line and with sipdiscount but I
    > > can't get them set up with sipgate. I suspect it's just finger
    > > trouble but could do with some help.
    > >
    > > The fields that the VOIP set up on the C475IP wants are:-
    > >
    > > Authentication Name:

    > SIP-ID
    >
    > > Authentication Password:

    > Password
    >
    > > Username:

    > SIP-ID

    Aha, thank you, that's what I had wrong. It seems odd to put the
    SIP-ID in two places, but there you go. Registered with both
    sipdiscount and sipgate now.

    I'm very pleased so far, the C475IP seems to fulfil lots of my
    requirements.

    One minor niggle, is it going to flash that red light at me all the
    time?

    --
    Chris Green
    , Apr 11, 2008
  4. TheFug Guest

    Bill Taylor schreef:
    > On 11 Apr 2008 17:11:17 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Hayes <> wrote:

    >>> SIP-ID

    >>> Password

    >>> SIP-ID
    >>>

    >> Aha, thank you, that's what I had wrong. It seems odd to put the
    >> SIP-ID in two places, but there you go. Registered with both
    >> sipdiscount and sipgate now.
    >>
    >> I'm very pleased so far, the C475IP seems to fulfil lots of my
    >> requirements.
    >>
    >> One minor niggle, is it going to flash that red light at me all the
    >> time?

    > If it's the same as the 450, that indicates missed calls. Push the
    > button and it will show you the calls, and stop the light flashing.

    manual? :) or google > C475IP PDF

    --

    The Fug.

    ( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )