Setting up BT VOIP on a third party router

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by register@hypergroup.com, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have ditched the 2wire 2700 router that came with BT Business VOIP
    and I am setting up a Fritz!box VOIP router.

    The BT SIP settings I am using are:

    Username: 056******* [my bt number]
    Password: [my password]
    Registrar: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
    Proxy: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com

    Unfortunately the service is not registering.

    I have other SIP providers registered on the router and they are all
    working fine. BT tech have given me the 'we only support our own
    hardware' line. There's a suprise!

    Has anyone got BT BBV working on a non-bt router?

    Cheers.

    , Dec 3, 2006

  2. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have ditched the 2wire 2700 router that came with BT
    > Business VOIP and I am setting up a Fritz!box VOIP router.
    >
    > The BT SIP settings I am using are:
    >
    > Username: 056******* [my bt number]
    > Password: [my password]
    > Registrar: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
    > Proxy: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
    >
    > Unfortunately the service is not registering.
    >
    > I have other SIP providers registered on the router and
    > they are all working fine. BT tech have given me the 'we
    > only support our own hardware' line. There's a suprise!
    >
    > Has anyone got BT BBV working on a non-bt router?
    >
    > Cheers.

    Have you got the "Use internet number for registration" box ticked..? Most
    providers don't need this, but maybe BT BBV do..?

    Let me know if that does/doesn't work, if it doesn't we'll have to think
    of something else..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 3, 2006

  3. speckled hen Guest

    Yes got it working ok, check out previous posts on how to do it.

    speckled hen, Dec 4, 2006
  4. Guest

    > Have you got the "Use internet number for registration" box ticked..? Most
    > providers don't need this, but maybe BT BBV do..?
    >
    > Let me know if that does/doesn't work, if it doesn't we'll have to think
    > of something else..!
    >

    > Ivor

    I have tried this both ways without success. Just to clarify I am using
    the BUSINESS HUB Voice, I have read the previous posts but they are
    based on the Home Hub service.

    , Dec 4, 2006