Setting Up Bridge In A Hospital Room?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by (PeteCresswell), Nov 9, 2010.

  1. Going in to a hospital tomorrow.

    The inner geek in me wants to try remote TV.

    I've got a little black box that will connect to my home server.

    Also got a NetGear bridge as in http://tinyurl.com/25h78fv.

    The combo checks out OK at home - but at home all I have to do is
    supply my router's WPA PW.

    In the hospital, the system is probably going to hit me with a
    web page that wants an ID/PW or something.

    Somebody said these things mostly just note the MAC address of
    the connecting device and allow that device to connect for some
    period of time afterwards.

    That same somebody mentioned connecting with a laptop that
    spoofed the bridge's MAC address and the hooking up the bridge
    once the ID/PW page had been satisfied.

    Can anybody say I've got it right?

    If so, what about making the laptop spoof that MAC address?
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Nov 9, 2010

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    atec77 Guest

    On 10/11/2010 8:23 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Going in to a hospital tomorrow.
    >
    > The inner geek in me wants to try remote TV.
    >
    > I've got a little black box that will connect to my home server.
    >
    > Also got a NetGear bridge as in http://tinyurl.com/25h78fv.
    >
    > The combo checks out OK at home - but at home all I have to do is
    > supply my router's WPA PW.
    >
    > In the hospital, the system is probably going to hit me with a
    > web page that wants an ID/PW or something.
    >
    > Somebody said these things mostly just note the MAC address of
    > the connecting device and allow that device to connect for some
    > period of time afterwards.
    >
    > That same somebody mentioned connecting with a laptop that
    > spoofed the bridge's MAC address and the hooking up the bridge
    > once the ID/PW page had been satisfied.
    >
    > Can anybody say I've got it right?
    >
    > If so, what about making the laptop spoof that MAC address?

    well what about a vpn ?