Setting Up An Wireless Network & Email Account?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?R2Vycnl3?=, Aug 14, 2007.

  1. Hi all,
    I am about to setup a Wireless Lan in a small office environment (5 PCs -
    Win XP) using a BT Intelligent Gateway Wireless 2Wire HG1800 Modem.

    I have a couple of questions to ask before I start the installation;

    1, I am thinking of having a 6th PC (without the Kb & Mouse) just for the
    internet connection! Do you think that this is a good idea or would you
    suggest some other way of doing it?

    2, The company has its own domain and email setup () so what
    would anyone advise me to do regarding the setting up of the email i.e. use
    SMTP/POP3 or some other setup (VPOP3)?

    3, The BT Gateway/Router should provide me with all the settings that is
    needed to connect to the internet and to provide a wireless connection to the
    5 PCs but I would be gratefult if anybody who has had any connection with the
    BT 1800 gateway/Modem to let me know what if any pit falls there may be when
    setting up this wireless network?

    I look forward to any suggestions anybody may have regarding the above,
    please?

    Regards
    Gerryw
    =?Utf-8?B?R2Vycnl3?=, Aug 14, 2007