    microsoft office "registered to" also or how can I do that. Any other
    advice you have to give to a novice about setting up a user computer
    would be great. Thanks again

    Rabel, Sep 3, 2005

  2. Rabel

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Rabel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi everyone thanks in advance for your help - I just bought a used vaio
    > laptop with xp, and I changed most of the user accounts and everything
    > but I cannot figure out how to change the "registered to" in the system
    > properties, any idea how I can do that and will that change the
    > microsoft office "registered to" also or how can I do that. Any other
    > advice you have to give to a novice about setting up a user computer
    > would be great. Thanks again

    If I parched a used laptop from someone, it would be wiped clean and the O/S
    and everything else reinstalled. How do you know what's on that machine as
    far as some backdoor?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Rabel

    Rabel Guest

    it was a friends who had everything set up - and he got a new computer,
    so he gave it to me as is. It has been working fine but he didnt give
    me any discs that may have came with it, I dont think he has them
    anyway.

    Rabel, Sep 4, 2005
  4. Rabel

    Plato Guest

    Rabel wrote:

    > it was a friends who had everything set up - and he got a new computer,
    > so he gave it to me as is. It has been working fine but he didnt give
    > me any discs that may have came with it, I dont think he has them
    > anyway.

    Sooner or later you will need the OS you plan on using. Might want to
    get it now.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 4, 2005
  5. Rabel

    Fred Guest

    Rabel wrote:
    > Hi everyone thanks in advance for your help - I just bought a used
    > vaio laptop with xp, and I changed most of the user accounts and
    > everything but I cannot figure out how to change the "registered to"
    > in the system properties, any idea how I can do that and will that
    > change the microsoft office "registered to" also or how can I do
    > that. Any other advice you have to give to a novice about setting up
    > a user computer would be great. Thanks again

    Try the Windows Knowledge Base for help
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310441

    Fred, Sep 4, 2005
  6. Rabel

    km Guest

    On 3 Sep 2005 15:49:01 -0700, "Rabel" <> wrote:

    snip>Hi everyone thanks in advance for your help - I just bought a
    used vaio

    snip>so he gave it to me as is

    snip> I dont think he has them anyway.

    The switch from "bought" to "gave" and the friend who you don't seem
    able to contact to confirm what discs he has, makes all this seem
    doubtful.

    If I was the suspicious kind of person I would say this all seems like
    a way of getting expert advice on making identity changes to a stolen
    PC.

    Hope I am not putting you down incorrectly!

    KM

    km, Sep 4, 2005
  7. Rabel

    Rabel Guest

    km wrote:
    > On 3 Sep 2005 15:49:01 -0700, "Rabel" <> wrote:
    >
    > snip>Hi everyone thanks in advance for your help - I just bought a
    > used vaio
    >
    > snip>so he gave it to me as is
    >
    > snip> I dont think he has them anyway.
    >

    > The switch from "bought" to "gave" and the friend who you don't seem
    > able to contact to confirm what discs he has, makes all this seem
    > doubtful.
    >
    > If I was the suspicious kind of person I would say this all seems like
    > a way of getting expert advice on making identity changes to a stolen
    > PC.
    >
    > Hope I am not putting you down incorrectly!
    >
    > KM

    Wow I said he gave it to me as is - meaning I bought this from a friend
    who gave me the computer as is - I am glad the other people in here
    understand what I mean - you are an ignorant person who looks for the
    bad in people - I did contact him and he doesnt have anything that came
    with it, discs other materials user guides whatever.

    > If I was the suspicious kind of person I would say this all seems like
    > a way of getting expert advice on making identity changes to a stolen
    > PC.

    You are a suspicious person

    > Hope I am not putting you down incorrectly!

    Thats Funny

    Plato wrote:
    > Sooner or later you will need the OS you plan on using. Might want to
    > get it now.

    Thanks for you help Plato and Fred

    Rabel, Sep 4, 2005