setting up a T1.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by neo19@Ptd.net, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hey guys.

    I have been given a task to try and complete by head network admins.
    They took a cisco 7200 w/ a t1 card and connected it to a cisco 2500
    w/ a t1 card.

    The old setup was to let them act as a bridge between 192.168.0.X and
    192.168.1.X. Passing all data through the T1 line.

    They then ran a write erase and told me to do it all over again.

    Router A is set up to handle the 192.168.0.X network.
    It has it's network port as 192.168.0.1 and it does respond to ping.
    I have it's serial 0 connection which connects to the other t1 port on
    the other switch as an ip address of 191.168.1.1.

    Router B is set up to handle the 192.168.1.X network.
    It has it;s network port as 192.168.1.1 and it does respond to ping.

    I have been unable to set the ip address of this routers T1 card. I
    have no idea how to. So i think we should start there.

    I get into the T1 card's config by doing the following.
    >en
    >########

    #config t
    #controller t1 2/0
    (config controller)#
    , Nov 6, 2006

  2. Doug McIntyre, Nov 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    Doug McIntyre wrote:
    > "" <> writes:
    > > I have been given a task to try and complete by head network admins.
    > > They took a cisco 7200 w/ a t1 card and connected it to a cisco 2500
    > >w/ a t1 card.

    > Sounds like a learning exercise, not a give me the answer task..
    >
    > How about starting with the installation guide for a 2500?
    >
    > http:

    //www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/cis2500/2501/2500ug/index.htm

    Hey,

    Thanks for the reply! However.. The problem is with router B.
    Which is the 7200.

    That guide will not help me here nore will the 7200 guide for the setup
    program does NOT see controller 2 as a interface to setup during its
    launch.

    When I try and do a
    #Config T
    int ?

    that controller 2 is not listed in the cards to configure and give it
    an ip address.

    Which is why im asking the question.
    , Nov 6, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    > I have been given a task to try and complete by head network admins.
    > They took a cisco 7200 w/ a t1 card and connected it to a cisco 2500
    >w/ a t1 card.

    >I have been unable to set the ip address of this routers T1 card. I
    >have no idea how to. So i think we should start there.

    >I get into the T1 card's config by doing the following.

    [On the 7200]

    >>en
    >>########

    >#config t
    >#controller t1 2/0
    >(config controller)#

    You don't configure the IP address from the controller level:
    you configure it from the interface level.

    interface serial 2/0

    Is T1 channelized? If so then see
    http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios111/ca111/papri.htm

    You might find some useful information in there even if the
    T1 is not channelized.

    That page was located via a simple google search of
    site:cisco.com 7200 configure t1
    Walter Roberson, Nov 6, 2006
  5. Sam Wilson Guest

    In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Hey guys.
    >
    > I have been given a task to try and complete by head network admins.
    > They took a cisco 7200 w/ a t1 card and connected it to a cisco 2500
    > w/ a t1 card.
    >
    > The old setup was to let them act as a bridge between 192.168.0.X and
    > 192.168.1.X. Passing all data through the T1 line.
    >
    > They then ran a write erase and told me to do it all over again.
    >
    > Router A is set up to handle the 192.168.0.X network.
    > It has it's network port as 192.168.0.1 and it does respond to ping.
    > I have it's serial 0 connection which connects to the other t1 port on
    > the other switch as an ip address of 191.168.1.1.
    >
    > Router B is set up to handle the 192.168.1.X network.
    > It has it;s network port as 192.168.1.1 and it does respond to ping.
    >
    > I have been unable to set the ip address of this routers T1 card. I
    > have no idea how to. So i think we should start there.
    >
    > I get into the T1 card's config by doing the following.
    > >en
    > >########

    > #config t
    > #controller t1 2/0
    > (config controller)#

    I don't have a 7200 to play with (and if I did I don't think I'd do your
    homework for you) but in all cases like this "?" is your friend. Type
    "?" (without the quotes) at the (config controller)# prompt and see what
    it says. If there's no obvious way to configure an IP address then do
    "exit" and try again. If you find an interesting looking command then
    type "command ?" (where "command" is the command name) and you'll be
    given a choice of parameters.

    Thinking ahead you might want to find out about clocking on T1 lines and
    bridging in relation to IP subnets.

    Sam
    Sam Wilson, Nov 7, 2006