    i have just never set up any raid disks and the company website
    is far from helpful

    richard
    Mother's Little Helper, Jun 5, 2007

  2. Mother's Little Helper

    Robb Guest

    Mother's Little Helper wrote:

    >can anyone give me some hints?

    ite it9211 ata

    Is that a motherboard ID or an adapter card? What brand and model
    number is it, I only got one hit to an MSI server.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Jun 5, 2007

  3. wasn't paying attention when i posted late at night
    the card is an it8211

    richard

    Mother's Little Helper, Jun 5, 2007
  4. as i just discovered and reposted, its an it8211 and it's an
    expansion card for pci bus with 2 channels. sorry for the
    mistake

    richard

    Mother's Little Helper, Jun 5, 2007
  5. also the website is either www.iteusa.com or www.ite.com/tw

    Mother's Little Helper, Jun 5, 2007
  6. Mother's Little Helper

    Robb Guest

    Mother's Little Helper wrote:

    >also the website is either www.iteusa.com or www.ite.com/tw

    2006/09/21 ITE IDE controller driver included in the installation disk for
    Microsofts new generation of OS Vista. If you have Vista you shouldn't
    need anything, unless it uses it's own BIOS for RAID.

    ITE is a chip supplier for MOBO fabs, you really should get software
    and support from whomever built /sold/ you that adapter.

    From the ITE site:
    For PCI Card
    ATAPI BIOS v1.7.1.56
    BIOS Update Utility v2.01
    Windows Driver
    (include AMD and Intel 64-bit)
    v1.3.2.8

    ATAPI BIOS:
    http://www.iteusa.com/product_info/file/pc/Bios_8211_093014-02.zip

    Windows Driver:
    http://www.iteusa.com/product_info/file/pc/8211Drv_095002-01.zip

    You may need both of those.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Jun 5, 2007
  7. Mother's Little Helper

    Mark Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:12:37 -0400, Mother's Little Helper wrote:

    > can anyone give me some hints? i am far from computer illiterate
    > i have just never set up any raid disks and the company website
    > is far from helpful

    http://www.iteusa.com/software_download/software_download2.asp

    IT8211F IDE Controller

    IT8212F ATA133 RAID Controller

    You'll need a great deal of luck to use the IT8211F as a RAID controller.
    Mark, Jun 5, 2007
  8. thank you very much

    richard

    Mother's Little Helper, Jun 5, 2007