setting up a Cisco 837 as a easy vpn server

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by eramm, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. eramm

    eramm Guest

    Hi,

    I have a Cisco 837 router that I would like to use as an Easy VPN Server. My
    goal is to allow remote users to act as part of my internal network
    (192.168.1.1 /24)

    1) Can someone please point me to setup guides, urls, tutorials to do
    this w/ the 837 and IOS Version 12.3(2)T1 ? The scenario that Cisco uses in
    their documentation has the 837 as a client peering w/ a Cisco 3000 VPN
    server and that is not what I want.

    2) Where can I download the Cisco client software from

    Thanx.

    eramm

    eramm, Nov 30, 2003

  2. In article <newscache$itd6ph$uh$>,

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...os122/122newft/122t/122t8/ftunity.htm#1089502

    :? The scenario that Cisco uses in
    :their documentation has the 837 as a client peering w/ a Cisco 3000 VPN
    :server and that is not what I want.

    In particular, the example at
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td.../ios122/122newft/122t/122t8/ftunity.htm#90647

    :2) Where can I download the Cisco client software from

    Customers with SMARTnet(tm) support contracts and encryption
    entitlement may download the VPN Client free of charge at the
    following URL:
    http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/vpn/client/
    --
    Studies show that the average reader ignores 106% of all statistics
    they see in .signatures.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 30, 2003