    of everything. Any way to get both working?

    TIA

    Toby

    Toby, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Toby

    Kaius Guest

    This is actually a really good question. I am assuming the office has a
    static IP gateway, for which you want to set up her notebook so that her IP
    does not conflict with anyone else's IP. Her notebook is currently set up
    as "obtain IP automatically" so her home network automatically assigns her
    IP. I know of 2 ways to solve this problem:

    The hard way: Have the IP, DNS settings written on a piece of paper. Every
    morning manually set up her notebook to access the office network. This is
    not too complicated since XP does not require you to reboot.

    The easy way: In control panel, you can set up a new user account and call
    it "office". Basically, just change the IP settings when you are logged
    onto the "office" profile. The settings are saved, and she can even use
    outlook express exclusively for office emails. When she is at home, she can
    just use her default profile, and her IP settings will be the way she wants
    it.

    Hope this helps.

    Kaius, Oct 6, 2004