    read and give me the Choice, or do I have to go into the Bios and set up
    differant bootup procedures? I do have Virtual PC . I have not used it yet
    but is that a option that would be a better install for 2003 server?
    =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=, Mar 5, 2005

  2. When you install Server 2003 (Select New Install or CLEAN) and you choose
    the other drive Windows Server will modify the NTLDR and the Boot.ini for
    you. When you boot your system you'll be given a choice of which OS to boot
    into.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..
    "Vince" <> wrote in message
    > I want to set up Windows server 2003 on my computer that I am running XP

    Pro
    > on one Hard Drive. I have an extra 200 gb Hard drive that is just sitting
    > there. Can I install Server 2003 on that extra Hard Drive and if so, How
    > would I configure the PC to boot to either XP Pro or Server 2003?Will it

    auto

    The Rev \(MCT\), Mar 5, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=

    Mark Guest

    Virtual PC 2004 is a good option, and it may be good for a
    busy person that needs to work in XP and be able
    to "switch" back and forth.

    Mark, Mar 6, 2005
  4. I concur with Mark. It just may be more economically feasible to just
    install Virtual PC or VMware to meet your objectives. Both products gives
    you the administrative flexibility to monitor system performance and utilize
    your testing OS at your leisure.

    Unique Glover, Mar 7, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=" <>
    say in news::

    > I want to set up Windows server 2003 on my computer that I am running
    > XP Pro on one Hard Drive. I have an extra 200 gb Hard drive that is
    > just sitting there. Can I install Server 2003 on that extra Hard Drive
    > and if so, How would I configure the PC to boot to either XP Pro or
    > Server 2003?Will it auto read and give me the Choice, or do I have to
    > go into the Bios and set up differant bootup procedures? I do have
    > Virtual PC . I have not used it yet but is that a option that would be
    > a better install for 2003 server?

    2 words...Virtual Machines. Look into MS's VPC or VMware

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
    Neil, Mar 7, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> say in

    > 2 words...Virtual Machines. Look into MS's VPC or VMware

    looks like I'm the 3rd to recommend this. So it must be a good idea. ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Shopping tip: Shoes are $2 at bowling alleys.
    Neil, Mar 7, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=

    JaR Guest

    > Neil MCNGP#30
    >
    > - Shopping tip: Shoes are $2 at bowling alleys.

    You can buy a whole bucket of golf balls at the driving range for $5!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Mar 7, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=

    Guest Guest

    RESPONSE FROM SHAFIY2K:
    Hi

    Normally Windows server 2003 does not supports
    upgradation from Windows XP. You have to clean install
    it to make Dual booting of these two Operating systems -
    WinXP & Win2003 server. You had mentioned that you are
    having additional hard disk 200 GB (actually 200 GB or 20
    GB kindly verify it) then make the two harddriives as IDE
    Master and slave, Verify jumper settings on your
    harddisks please... Then your WindowsXp harddisk must be
    as IDE master.

    Insert Windows 2003 server cd on to the cdrom then it
    will asks to clean install accept that and give the path
    so that the new Windows server 2003 will be installed.
    Format it using NTFS or in FAT32 partition, note that
    after you had formatted that frive asd NTFS you cannot
    able to see that NTFS drive from your exixting FAT32
    filesystem running previously, so make it sure about it,
    then format it.

    If any queries means post to me...

    With regards
    Shafi.H