    --
    Les Desser
    (The Reply-to address IS valid)

    Les Desser, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Les Desser

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-23, Les Desser <> wrote:

    > My old SPA3000 keeps correct time via the time-server settings I have
    > entered.
    >
    > On a new SPA3012 I have used the same time-servers but the time is 8
    > hours slow. There must be some time-zone setting somewhere but I cannot
    > find it.

    SPA3102? Have you tried Miscellaneous under the Regional tab?

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Les Desser

    Martyn Dewar Guest

    Les Desser wrote:
    > My old SPA3000 keeps correct time via the time-server settings I have
    > entered.
    >
    > On a new SPA3012 I have used the same time-servers but the time is 8
    > hours slow. There must be some time-zone setting somewhere but I cannot
    > find it.
    >
    > Any ideas please.

    Try going to http://<ip-of-spa>/admin/advanced and clicking on the
    "Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
    "Miscellaneous" section.

    These instructions work on a PAP2, but hopefully Linksys have some kind
    of continuity in place for simple things like that between the models.

    hth :)

    --
    Martyn Dewar
    E: newsreply(at)dont-spam.me.uk

    Martyn Dewar, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Les Desser

    Les Desser Guest

    In article <44ec3a73$0$2553$>, Martyn Dewar
    <> Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:22:36 writes

    >Try going to http://<ip-of-spa>/admin/advanced and clicking on the
    >"Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
    >"Miscellaneous" section.

    Thank you, and Brian. I expected to see it in the Router rather than
    the Voice section.

    Now set to GMT.
    -----------

    Just trying to work out the meaning of Daylight Saving Time rule.

    The old one has

    start=4/-1/7;end=10/1/7;save=1

    and time is correct showing BST.

    The new one has

    start=4/1/7;end=10/-1/7;save=1

    and again the time is correct BST

    I don't understand what the Daylight Saving Time rule means.

    Les Desser, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Les Desser

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-23, Les Desser <> wrote:

    > In article <44ec3a73$0$2553$>, Martyn Dewar
    ><> Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:22:36 writes
    >
    >>Try going to http://<ip-of-spa>/admin/advanced and clicking on the
    >>"Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
    >>"Miscellaneous" section.

    > Thank you, and Brian. I expected to see it in the Router rather than
    > the Voice section.
    >
    > Now set to GMT.
    > -----------
    >
    > Just trying to work out the meaning of Daylight Saving Time rule.
    >
    > The old one has
    >
    > start=4/-1/7;end=10/1/7;save=1
    >
    > and time is correct showing BST.
    >
    > The new one has
    >
    > start=4/1/7;end=10/-1/7;save=1
    >
    > and again the time is correct BST
    >
    > I don't understand what the Daylight Saving Time rule means.

    This was written especially for you then. Have fun devising a rule for
    the UK.

    http://www.sipura.com/Documents/faq/Section_5.html

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Les Desser

    Les Desser Guest

    In article <eci2qq$9a4$1$>, Brian
    <> Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:21:30 writes

    >This was written especially for you then. Have fun devising a rule for
    >the UK.
    >
    >http://www.sipura.com/Documents/faq/Section_5.html

    I make it the following for the UK

    start=3/-1/6/23:59:59;end=10/-1/6/23:59:59;save=1

    As far as I remember summer time starts at 2am following the last
    Saturday in March and ends at 3am following the last Saturday in
    October.

    The permitted values will not allow, as far as I can see, to specify
    that accurately. 3/-1/7/02:00:00 means 2am on the last Sunday in March
    which is not the same thing.

    So my suggestion for the nearest match is a minute before midnight on
    the last Saturday of March and October.

    Les Desser, Aug 23, 2006
  7. Les Desser

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Les Desser writes
    >In article <44ec3a73$0$2553$>, Martyn Dewar
    ><> Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:22:36 writes
    >
    >>Try going to http://<ip-of-spa>/admin/advanced and clicking on the
    >>"Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
    >>"Miscellaneous" section.

    >Thank you, and Brian. I expected to see it in the Router rather than
    >the Voice section.
    >
    >Now set to GMT.
    >-----------
    >
    >Just trying to work out the meaning of Daylight Saving Time rule.
    >
    >The old one has
    >
    > start=4/-1/7;end=10/1/7;save=1

    This one starts on the last Sunday in April and finishes on the first
    Sunday in October and so is not correct.

    >The new one has
    >
    > start=4/1/7;end=10/-1/7;save=1

    Also incorrect as it starts on the 1st Sunday in April and ends on the
    last Sunday in October.

    >and again the time is correct BST

    Well it would be at this point in time, but neither would change to
    winter time at the right time. Also neither of the ones you show has a
    start time (i.e.2am)

    >I don't understand what the Daylight Saving Time rule means.

    The correct one for UK is:

    start=3/-1/7/2;end=10/-1/7/2;save=1

    i.e. Last Sunday in March at 2am to last Sunday in October at 2am

    M/W/D/T
    M = Month
    W = Week number (negative number is working back from end of month)
    D = Day of Week (1 = Monday)
    T = Time of D(ay) for change to take place

    HTH
    David

    David Floyd, Aug 24, 2006
  8. Les Desser

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Les Desser writes
    >In article <eci2qq$9a4$1$>, Brian
    ><> Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:21:30 writes
    >
    >>This was written especially for you then. Have fun devising a rule for
    >>the UK.
    >>
    >>http://www.sipura.com/Documents/faq/Section_5.html

    >I make it the following for the UK
    >
    >start=3/-1/6/23:59:59;end=10/-1/6/23:59:59;save=1
    >
    >As far as I remember summer time starts at 2am following the last
    >Saturday in March and ends at 3am following the last Saturday in
    >October.

    That is no longer the case. To fall in line with Europe it has been
    (since 1994) the last Sunday on March to last Sunday in October. My
    other post is slightly incorrect as the change takes place at 1amGMT.
    That changed from 2amGMT in 1981.

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 24, 2006
  9. Les Desser

    Les Desser Guest

    In article <rZ3hZKIoCW7EFwXr@127.0.0.1>, David Floyd
    <> Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:17:44 writes

    >>I make it the following for the UK
    >>
    >>start=3/-1/6/23:59:59;end=10/-1/6/23:59:59;save=1
    >>
    >>As far as I remember summer time starts at 2am following the last
    >>Saturday in March and ends at 3am following the last Saturday in
    >>October.

    >That is no longer the case. To fall in line with Europe it has been (since
    >1994) the last Sunday on March to last Sunday in October. My other
    >post is slightly incorrect as the change takes place at 1amGMT. That
    >changed from 2amGMT in 1981.

    Thank you for the correction. So if the last day of the month is
    Saturday, the changeover will be the previous Sunday

    In that case I make the setting

    start=3/-1/7/01:00:00;end=10/-1/7/02:00:00;save=1

    Les Desser, Aug 24, 2006
  10. Les Desser

    Les Desser Guest

    In article <rZ3hZKIoCW7EFwXr@127.0.0.1>, David Floyd
    <> Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:17:44 writes

    >My other post is slightly incorrect as the change takes place at
    >1amGMT. That changed from 2amGMT in 1981.

    I saw this post before your first one.

    I understand the change is at 1am in March and 2am in Oct - i.e. always
    at 1am GMT.

    <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/uksumtim.htm#BST>

    Les Desser, Aug 24, 2006