    up. It hides the bootup messages and I don't know when (or if) to
    press DEL (or F2) key.

    Anyone know how to get rid of the HP Logo?

    jayhay, Aug 14, 2005

  2. jayhay

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:41:14 GMT, jayhay <>
    spewed the following drivel:

    >I'd like to see if the BIOS is set correctly on an HP Pavilion
    >computer, however the HP logo covers the monitor screen while booting
    >up. It hides the bootup messages and I don't know when (or if) to
    >press DEL (or F2) key.
    >
    >Anyone know how to get rid of the HP Logo?

    Try hitting the F1 key when the logo screen appears.

    __

    -nos1eep

    Ignorance is temporary, stupidity lasts a lifetime.

    nos1eep, Aug 14, 2005

  3. jayhay

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:41:14 +0000, jayhay wrote:

    > I'd like to see if the BIOS is set correctly on an HP Pavilion
    > computer, however the HP logo covers the monitor screen while booting
    > up. It hides the bootup messages and I don't know when (or if) to
    > press DEL (or F2) key.
    >
    > Anyone know how to get rid of the HP Logo?

    As soon as you hear the POST beep hit the F1 key. This should give you
    access to the BIOS. Look for entry that gives you the option to change
    the boot screen. Be forewarned, however, there may not be one and your
    stuck with the HP Logo.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Aug 15, 2005