    I have to resize the dialog so I can get at it. It would save me a lot
    of time if I could enlarge that dialog box permanently.

    Philly

    Philly, Mar 1, 2006

  2. Philly

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 01/03/06 19:22, Philly scribbled:
    > In Firefox 1.5.0.1 for WinXP, an "Element Properties" dialog is
    > brought up if you right-click on a (for instance) thumbnail photo and
    > select "Properties".
    >
    > I'm trying to resize that Element Properties dialog box, but I can't
    > seem to do it. If I click on the top left corner of the box and choose
    > "Size" and resize it, that doesn't seem to stick. (On the other hand,
    > if I choose "Move", that does stick.)
    >
    > The reason this is important to me is that I need to highlight some
    > text in that Element Properties box over and over again, and each time
    > I have to resize the dialog so I can get at it. It would save me a lot
    > of time if I could enlarge that dialog box permanently.
    >
    > Philly

    If you double [or triple] click the text you want, it will
    highlight the whole piece of text ;).
    Also you might be interested in looking at the "All In One
    Sidebar" extension for Firefox on <url:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/> as well as "Web Developer".

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5,

    Jedi Fans, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Philly

    Philly Guest

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:53:19 +0000, Jedi Fans
    <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot=-]com"> wrote:
    >> Philly

    >If you double [or triple] click the text you want, it will
    >highlight the whole piece of text ;).
    >Also you might be interested in looking at the "All In One
    >Sidebar" extension for Firefox on <url:
    >https://addons.mozilla.org/> as well as "Web Developer".

    Thanks! The All In One Sidebar extension has cut down on my wasted and
    repetitive "time and motion" considerably!

    Talking about copying text, what could really help is if I could
    select and copy the text in the Firefox titlebar. Does anyone know of
    an easy way to do that in Firefox 1.5?

    Philly

    Philly, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Philly

    Miller Guest

    *Philly* wrote on 01.03.06 20:22:
    > In Firefox 1.5.0.1 for WinXP, an "Element Properties" dialog is
    > brought up if you right-click on a (for instance) thumbnail photo and
    > select "Properties".
    >
    > I'm trying to resize that Element Properties dialog box, but I can't
    > seem to do it. If I click on the top left corner of the box and choose
    > "Size" and resize it, that doesn't seem to stick. (On the other hand,
    > if I choose "Move", that does stick.)

    A way to change the size of the properties box is to put these lines
    in the userChrome.css in your profile:

    #metadata {
    min-width: 640px !important;}

    This sets the width of the box to 640 pixels for default.
    You can alter this value as you like.

    HTH, Miller

    Miller, Mar 3, 2006
  5. Philly

    Philly Guest

    On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:04:11 +0100, Miller <>
    wrote:
    >A way to change the size of the properties box is to put these lines
    >in the userChrome.css in your profile:
    >
    >#metadata {
    >min-width: 640px !important;}
    >
    >This sets the width of the box to 640 pixels for default.
    >You can alter this value as you like.
    >
    >HTH, Miller

    Thanks! That's something I had no idea existed. I've copied and pasted

    #metadata {
    min-width: 640px !important;}

    into my userChrome-example.css and saved it as userChrome.css.
    Unfortunately, I haven't gotten it to work yet; probably I'm messing
    up the syntax a little, somehow. I'll keep working on it. Thanks
    again!

    The good thing is, through the help I've gotten here, I've already
    really cut down on the time it took to save jpgs from a celebrity
    photo site I visit. Because right-click, save as would not save as the
    correct file name, I had to (previously) right click on the thumbnail,
    select Proprties, then enlarge the Element Properties box and with my
    mouse highlight and copy some text, then close this box, click on the
    thumbnail, then right-click on the full size jpg and paste into the
    Save As box. Whew! Drove me crazy

    Now I have a "Properties" icon on my toolbar (thanks to the FireFox
    Menu Buttons extension) and I can go straight to the full size jpg,
    click the Properties button, triple click on the text at the top, copy
    it, then paste and edit in the Save As box and get the correct
    filename. Still a chore, but much better.

    If I could easily copy the text in the titlebar I might save even more
    time, but that doesn't seem possible.

    -=Philly=-

    Philly, Mar 5, 2006
  6. Philly

    Miller Guest

    *Philly* wrote on 05.03.06 16:29:

    > Thanks! That's something I had no idea existed. I've copied and pasted
    >
    > #metadata {
    > min-width: 640px !important;}
    >
    > into my userChrome-example.css and saved it as userChrome.css.
    > Unfortunately, I haven't gotten it to work yet; probably I'm messing
    > up the syntax a little, somehow. I'll keep working on it. Thanks
    > again!

    The Syntax seems corrcect to me. You're sure you saved the userChrome.css
    in the /chrome Folder of the *correct* Firefox-profile?
    You could test it by setting the above value to 1200px or 20px for example.
    If you don't see any remarkable difference in size, you sure putted it
    into the wrong file or folder.

    bye, Miller
    (excuse my english ;-) )

    Miller, Mar 5, 2006