Setting SDRAM timings?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Josh Randall, May 28, 2005.

  1. Josh Randall

    Josh Randall Guest

    Hi guys! And thanks in advance for any help.........

    Here's my situation: I've been trying to build this computer for 18 months.
    No problems, just busy and have one that works, etc.

    Anyway, it's a KT6 Delta, MSI. I've got a 2500+ Barton and PC3200 Geil
    memory (512mg).

    Problem? It shows up as a 1900+ CPU. Now the MB says "supports DDR 400" and
    "supports FSB 400 Mhz"

    I know how to access the bios, and most settings can be changed. Can anyone
    here give me some mild aggressive settings so I can get some speed out of
    this thing? The CPU clock is now set at 133 MHZ. Everything else is on auto.

    I can find the settings, but not sure what they all mean. I can change the
    FSB, dram timings, CPU ratio, etc

    Many thanks!

    JR

    Josh Randall, May 28, 2005

  2. Josh Randall

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Josh Randall wrote:
    > Hi guys! And thanks in advance for any help.........
    >
    > Here's my situation: I've been trying to build this computer for 18 months.
    > No problems, just busy and have one that works, etc.
    >
    > Anyway, it's a KT6 Delta, MSI. I've got a 2500+ Barton and PC3200 Geil
    > memory (512mg).
    >
    > Problem? It shows up as a 1900+ CPU. Now the MB says "supports DDR 400" and
    > "supports FSB 400 Mhz"
    >
    > I know how to access the bios, and most settings can be changed. Can anyone
    > here give me some mild aggressive settings so I can get some speed out of
    > this thing? The CPU clock is now set at 133 MHZ. Everything else is on auto.
    >
    > I can find the settings, but not sure what they all mean. I can change the
    > FSB, dram timings, CPU ratio, etc
    >
    > Many thanks!
    >
    > JR

    The Barton actually runs at 1900 Mhz.