    change it, it don't work, the word background is faded out, you can't even
    scroll up and down the list, is there a way to turn this off and on,,,,win
    XP sp2

    Barry, Aug 22, 2007

  2. Barry

    JANA Guest

    You never mentioned what display card and the display card model that you
    have.

    It is the driver software that was installed for the card that is setting
    the limitation. It is also possible that the type of display card that you
    have is limited. It would be best for you to enquire to the card
    manufacture for this type of problem.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Barry" <> wrote in message
    Hello, I need to know if anyone can tell me why my wifes computer will not
    let you choose a background for the monitor, when you get to the place to

    JANA, Aug 22, 2007

  3. Barry

    dadiOH Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > Hello, I need to know if anyone can tell me why my wifes computer
    > will not let you choose a background for the monitor, when you get
    > to the place to change it, it don't work, the word background is
    > faded out, you can't even scroll up and down the list, is there a
    > way to turn this off and on,,,,win XP sp2

    Even though you can't select them, there *are* options listed in the
    wallpaper window, right? Do those files still exist on the computer?
    Can you use the browse button?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 22, 2007
  4. Barry

    Barry Guest

    No the browser button is faded out also, and the video card is a Nvideo
    geforce 4

    Barry, Aug 22, 2007
  5. Barry

    Guest

    "Barry" <> wrote:

    >Hello, I need to know if anyone can tell me why my wifes computer will not
    >let you choose a background for the monitor, when you get to the place to
    >change it, it don't work, the word background is faded out, you can't even
    >scroll up and down the list, is there a way to turn this off and on,,,,win
    >XP sp2

    Not a fix but a work around.

    Download and install Irfanview
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Under options it has a wallpaper option.

    --

    Google Aims to Make YouTube Profitable With Ads
    http://tinyurl.com/3dp3xa

    , Aug 22, 2007
  6. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Thanks penny, but what do you think caused this, just curious,,,

    Barry, Aug 23, 2007
  7. Barry

    Guest

    "Barry" <> wrote:

    >Thanks penny, but what do you think caused this, just curious,,,

    Hard one to answer and one I don't want to mess with (screw up my
    system).

    I run Windows Classic, Desktop and start menu - I have disabled Themes
    and refuse to have a web page look to my system.

    But looking around, under Desktop where you change the image, should
    be "Customize Desktop" Click it, go to web and see if lock desktop
    items is selected (unselect it) maybe that's the problem.

    --

    Real sappy
    http://est1976.blogsome.com/2007/08/19/sara-and-i-just-got-engaged/

    , Aug 23, 2007