    Any ideas?

    TIA

    Dan
    Dan, Jun 21, 2007

  2. Dan

    Canopus Guest

    Dan scribed:

    >Each time I dl a file in FF 1.5.0.12, I must go to the FF dl window & click
    >"open" to get it to actually open the file in the respective program. For
    >some files, I would like it to just go ahead & do this by default. When
    >I go to
    >tools/options/downloads/view & edit actions in FF, no file types are
    >listed,
    >and the only option which is not dimmed is CLOSE, so I can't add file
    >types.
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Dan

    Yes, I've noticed that as well, but, there is another way of doing it.
    When you click on a link to download a file the initial download box gives
    you two options, to download to disk or to open with xxx so select that
    and check the box that asks you if you want to always perform this action
    with that file and then it will always open automatically. If the
    application you want to open that file is not listed then click on Browse
    and select it.

    --
    Rob

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/