    I don't find any controls to change these settings on the current
    version of Thunderbird. I would appreciate any pointers to a solution
    to my problem, iff you please.

    SmokeyJose, Jun 4, 2006

  2. SmokeyJose

    FML Guest

    SmokeyJose wrote:
    > I've ben using Thunderbird ever since it first came out and have kept
    > up with nearly each new release. Therein lies my problem. I had the
    > program set up like I wanted, opening full screen, separate reading
    > window neatly place over the right half of the screen, writing pane
    > full screen complete with contact list. Then I recently looked over the
    > list of installed programs and noticed an earlier version of
    > Thunderbird and, foolishly it seems, uninstalled it.
    >
    > Now, t-bird no longer remebers the state that it was last in causing me
    > to (1) maximize it, (2) F8 to close the message window, (3)continually
    > readjust the reading window, (4)maximize the writing window and (5)pop
    > up the contacts list. Also, I lost 2 of 5 address books in this
    > process.
    >
    > I don't find any controls to change these settings on the current
    > version of Thunderbird. I would appreciate any pointers to a solution
    > to my problem, iff you please.

    What version are you running now(Help->About Thunderbird)

    FML, Jun 4, 2006

  3. SmokeyJose

    Gaoler Guest

    SmokeyJose wrote:
    > I've ben using Thunderbird ever since it first came out and have kept
    > up with nearly each new release. Therein lies my problem. I had the
    > program set up like I wanted, opening full screen, separate reading
    > window neatly place over the right half of the screen, writing pane
    > full screen complete with contact list. Then I recently looked over the
    > list of installed programs and noticed an earlier version of
    > Thunderbird and, foolishly it seems, uninstalled it.
    >
    > Now, t-bird no longer remebers the state that it was last in causing me
    > to (1) maximize it, (2) F8 to close the message window, (3)continually
    > readjust the reading window, (4)maximize the writing window and (5)pop
    > up the contacts list. Also, I lost 2 of 5 address books in this
    > process.
    >
    > I don't find any controls to change these settings on the current
    > version of Thunderbird. I would appreciate any pointers to a solution
    > to my problem, iff you please.

    Hi SmokeyJose. Mabey it's a bug. Are you running the latest version
    (1.5.0.4)? Check here at the knowledgebase:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird

    If not, you may want to try asking in the forums at the mozilla website,
    or even make it a bug report if you don't find an answer. Good luck.

    --
    Person who fart in church sit in own pew.

    Gaoler, Jun 5, 2006
  4. SmokeyJose

    SmokeyJose Guest

    Gaoler wrote:
    > SmokeyJose wrote:
    > > I've ben using Thunderbird ever since it first came out and have kept
    > > up with nearly each new release. Therein lies my problem. I had the
    > > program set up like I wanted, opening full screen, separate reading
    > > window neatly place over the right half of the screen, writing pane
    > > full screen complete with contact list. Then I recently looked over the
    > > list of installed programs and noticed an earlier version of
    > > Thunderbird and, foolishly it seems, uninstalled it.
    > >
    > > Now, t-bird no longer remebers the state that it was last in causing me
    > > to (1) maximize it, (2) F8 to close the message window, (3)continually
    > > readjust the reading window, (4)maximize the writing window and (5)pop
    > > up the contacts list. Also, I lost 2 of 5 address books in this
    > > process.
    > >
    > > I don't find any controls to change these settings on the current
    > > version of Thunderbird. I would appreciate any pointers to a solution
    > > to my problem, iff you please.
    > >

    > Hi SmokeyJose. Mabey it's a bug. Are you running the latest version
    > (1.5.0.4)? Check here at the knowledgebase:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird

    I get the regular updates. version 1.5.0.4 (20060516) is the one
    received a few days ago.

    SmokeyJose, Jun 6, 2006