    The Dude-2004
    "It's all because of the magic,baby."
    http://www.freewebs.com/pocketdogmusic/

    The Dude, Jun 25, 2004

  2. The Dude

    Moz Champion Guest

    The Dude wrote:

    > Does anyone know how I can set follow ups for crossposting with Mozilla
    > Thunderbird 0.6??
    > Thanks.

    Um, dont crosspost, then you wouldnt need to.

    Crossposts are not appreciatted in most groups, pick a group and post to it, dont broadcast the message (whatever it is) to several groups.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jun 29, 2004

  3. The Dude

    Michael C. Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:12:25 GMT,
    Moz Champion <> wrote:
    > The Dude wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how I can set follow ups for crossposting with
    > > Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6?? Thanks.

    > Um, dont crosspost, then you wouldnt need to.
    >
    > Crossposts are not appreciatted in most groups, pick a group and post
    > to it, dont broadcast the message (whatever it is) to several groups.

    Generally, people use "Followup-To:" when responding to crossposts, to
    force the thread to one group. You don't know which group they'll read
    so you crosspost the reply with the header that tells them where replies
    to your message should go.

    There isn't anything wrong with cross-posting if it's on-topic, or
    you're unsure which group is most appropriate, but you generally
    shouldn't cross post to more than three or four groups at most -- it is
    much better than multi-posting -- and the original poster can include a
    "Followup-To:" header (They usually don't, but ...)

    Habitual cross-posting, however, will probably get you kill-filled
    quickly.

    Michael C.
    --
    http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

    The only people who don't make mistakes are the ones that aren't doing
    anything.

    Michael C., Jun 29, 2004