    preferences.

    thanks

    , Aug 4, 2004

  2. Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:

    > I have Mozilla pop 3 mail as my default mail client checked and when I
    > hit the mail icon IE 6 loads and each time it asks me if I want to make
    > it my default mail client. It is not and I don't want it, don't use it.
    > How can I get the mail client to prompt Mozilla mail to load and I
    > repeat I have it checked as the default mail client (mozilla) in the
    > preferences.
    >
    > thanks

    You use the Mozilla suite as an email client, but Firefox as a browser?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Tony Raven Guest

    wrote:

    > I have Mozilla pop 3 mail as my default mail client checked and when I
    > hit the mail icon IE 6 loads and each time it asks me if I want to make
    > it my default mail client. It is not and I don't want it, don't use it.
    > How can I get the mail client to prompt Mozilla mail to load and I
    > repeat I have it checked as the default mail client (mozilla) in the
    > preferences.
    >
    > thanks

    Have you set it as the default in Control Panel/Internet Options/Programs ?

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Richard Guest

    yes I loaded Thunderbird but I couldn't figure out how to transfer all
    my saved mail from the Mozilla 7 ckient to Thunderbird, do you know how
    I might do that? I would prefer Thunderbird but I can't figure out how
    to transfer.

    Richard, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Richard wrote:

    > yes I loaded Thunderbird but I couldn't figure out how to transfer all
    > my saved mail from the Mozilla 7 ckient to Thunderbird, do you know how
    > I might do that? I would prefer Thunderbird but I can't figure out how
    > to transfer.
    >
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have Mozilla pop 3 mail as my default mail client checked and when
    >>> I hit the mail icon IE 6 loads and each time it asks me if I want to
    >>> make it my default mail client. It is not and I don't want it, don't
    >>> use it. How can I get the mail client to prompt Mozilla mail to load
    >>> and I repeat I have it checked as the default mail client (mozilla)
    >>> in the preferences.
    >>>
    >>> thanks

    >> You use the Mozilla suite as an email client, but Firefox as a browser?

    Fellow Champ Irwin Greenwald's excellent Profiles page should give you
    the information you need. Read it through and post back with any questions.

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Aug 4, 2004
  6. Al Dykes Guest

    In article <>,
    Tony Raven <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have Mozilla pop 3 mail as my default mail client checked and when I
    >> hit the mail icon IE 6 loads and each time it asks me if I want to make
    >> it my default mail client. It is not and I don't want it, don't use it.
    >> How can I get the mail client to prompt Mozilla mail to load and I
    >> repeat I have it checked as the default mail client (mozilla) in the
    >> preferences.
    >>
    >> thanks

    >Have you set it as the default in Control Panel/Internet Options/Programs ?
    >
    >Tony

    I've got the same question and found this thread. When I click on an
    email link in Firefox nothing happens.

    I've got 0.9 Firebird and latest Tbird installed on my XP
    machine. Tbird is set in ControlPanel/InternetOptions/email

    What do I try next ?

    Thanks
    --
    Al Dykes