    to tell the router to load from now on using only the specified image?

    Thanks for your time :)
    Michael

    Perdition, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Perdition

    Guest

    You could delete the Image you don't want, what type of router is it?

    , Feb 22, 2006

  3. Perdition

    Guest

    Note that if you have multiple "boot system flash" commands in your
    configuration, they will be tried in sequence from the first one to the
    last one. So, if the "boot system flash" command for the new image is
    after the one for the old image, after a reboot the old one will get
    loaded. Do a "show run" to find out all the "boot system flash"
    commands you have. After that, remove the commands you don't need and
    make sure that the one for the image you want loaded is the first one
    in the list as shown in "show run".

    Please check the usage guidelines under

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...s120/12cgcr/fun_r/frprt2/frreboot.htm#1017705

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    , Feb 22, 2006
  4. Perdition

    chris Guest

    "Perdition" <> wrote in message
    > When i load the new IOS image thusly:
    > conf t
    > boot system flash:filename.bin
    >
    > i can save, reload and then it will be loaded with a clean NVRAM.
    > That's all well and good but next time i restart the router it goes
    > back to the old IOS image which is still in the flash. Is there any way
    > to tell the router to load from now on using only the specified image?
    >
    > Thanks for your time :)
    > Michael

    If you still have a 'boot' command for the old image which is still on the
    router then you add a new boot command for the new image, the router will
    boot from the first image as it will process the 'boot' commands in order.

    Chris.

    chris, Feb 22, 2006
  5. Perdition

    Charlie Root Guest

    "Perdition" <> wrote in message
    > When i load the new IOS image thusly:
    > conf t
    > boot system flash:filename.bin
    >
    > i can save, reload and then it will be loaded with a clean NVRAM.
    > That's all well and good but next time i restart the router it goes
    > back to the old IOS image which is still in the flash. Is there any way
    > to tell the router to load from now on using only the specified image?

    When configuration is empty, the router will boot first image that it can
    find. If you need specific image to be booted, you have to either make it
    the only image on the flash (delete all other) or use 'boot system' command.

    Kind regards,
    iLya

    Charlie Root, Feb 23, 2006
  6. Perdition

    Perdition Guest

    Thanks for the prompt replies :) I'll just do "no boot system" on the
    old flash file if possible or delete it if not

    Perdition, Feb 25, 2006