    any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
    really set the clock?

    thanks all

    wf3h, Nov 19, 2008

  2. wf3h

    Kyote Guest

    On Nov 18, 9:21 pm, wf3h <> wrote:
    > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
    > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
    > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.
    >
    > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
    > really set the clock?
    >
    > thanks all

    The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
    location to do it and it works great also.

    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

    I hope this helps you Mate.

    Kyote, Nov 19, 2008

  3. wf3h

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Kyote" <> wrote in message
    On Nov 18, 9:21 pm, wf3h <> wrote:
    > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
    > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
    > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.
    >
    > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
    > really set the clock?
    >
    > thanks all

    Not sure if widget or time server question ...
    XP clock change in lower right ?

    usno has a list of NTP servers: I use MIT's - works fine - autoupdates once
    a week - no widget just XP clock. If widget issue - use Vista newsgroup

    http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ntp.html

    - Bobb -, Nov 19, 2008
  4. wf3h

    wf3h Guest

    On Nov 19, 7:58 am, Kyote <> wrote:
    > On Nov 18, 9:21 pm, wf3h <> wrote:
    >
    > > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
    > > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
    > > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.

    > > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
    > > really set the clock?

    > > thanks all

    > The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
    > location to do it and it works great also.
    >
    > http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/
    >
    > I hope this helps you Mate.

    this looks like a great program but it looks like i've disabled my
    windows time service and can't get it enabled again...any ideas? i've
    searched the net but there seems to be little on it.

    wf3h, Nov 20, 2008
  5. wf3h

    wf3h Guest

    On Nov 19, 7:58 am, Kyote <> wrote:
    > On Nov 18, 9:21 pm, wf3h <> wrote:
    >
    > > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
    > > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
    > > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.

    > > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
    > > really set the clock?

    > > thanks all

    > The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
    > location to do it and it works great also.
    >
    > http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/
    >
    > I hope this helps you Mate.

    well i got the w32time started enabled again. but i keep getting an
    error when trying to connect to a time server. i turned off the
    firewall but that made no difference....

    wf3h, Nov 20, 2008
  6. wf3h

    wf3h Guest

    On Nov 19, 7:58 am, Kyote <> wrote:
    > On Nov 18, 9:21 pm, wf3h <> wrote:
    >
    > > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
    > > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
    > > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.

    > > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
    > > really set the clock?

    > > thanks all

    > The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
    > location to do it and it works great also.
    >
    > http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/
    >
    > I hope this helps you Mate.

    got it...it's running perfectly. updates when i want it to...had to
    set port 123 in firewall...and restart w32time function in registry...

    good job...thanks

    wf3h, Nov 20, 2008