  1. My time on the task bar is not correct. I go and reset set it but once I shut
    down it and get back on it is incorrect. Please help!! This is driving me
    crazy. Thank you
    =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmE=?=, Apr 1, 2006

  2. There's three things that will cause this.

    1) Network Based Policy. There's nothing you can do about this. The
    network administrator is changing your time based on a server.

    2) Time Update Application. This is an app installed that updates your time
    on a schedule. Just turn it off (or change it so that it's right)

    3) Bios Battery going bad. This requires a hardware tech to fix it. It's
    usually a watch battery. Some of the newer boards have them soldered in,
    which causes you to have to buy a new motherboard. This is easy to spot
    because it will be random time differences or will reset to 1900 or something
    similar.

    There's also occasion of having a virus...but that is always caught by your
    virus scanning software.

    Hope this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVlbGFuZCBDbGF5?=, Apr 3, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmE=?=, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Leeland Clay, Thank you so much for your help. I will try answer number 2. I
    can get a friend to check the battery for me also. As you said the 1st answer
    I can not do anything about. Have a great day and thanks again. Diana

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmE=?=, Apr 3, 2006