Setting Anti-Virus to scan messenger received files

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    In MSN Messenger under Options and Messages, there is a section for
    File transfers and where to store files received from others. Under
    this bit there is the options to scan files using your anti-virus
    program.

    You need to select the location of the program. I know the location
    but I am not sure on which application it is as there are a few.

    I am in the following location:
    C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus

    These are some of the files I can select:

    Autodown.exe
    Catfix.exe
    CAV.exe
    VetMsg.exe
    iSafe.exe

    How do I know which is the right one?

    Thanks

    John

    John, Nov 6, 2005

  2. John

    Duane Arnold Guest

    John <> wrote in news:6ocsm1tqh0ups935863eepm810ak7at83n@
    4ax.com:

    > Hello.
    >
    > In MSN Messenger under Options and Messages, there is a section for
    > File transfers and where to store files received from others. Under
    > this bit there is the options to scan files using your anti-virus
    > program.
    >
    > You need to select the location of the program. I know the location
    > but I am not sure on which application it is as there are a few.
    >
    > I am in the following location:
    > C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus
    >
    > These are some of the files I can select:
    >
    > Autodown.exe
    > Catfix.exe
    > CAV.exe
    > VetMsg.exe
    > iSafe.exe
    >
    > How do I know which is the right one?

    The software has documentation and it has support via email. You should
    read the documentation or contact the software's support staff or you may
    find your answer using Google. They may even have a NG for the software
    most do and again use Google to find the NG if it exist or even try an AV
    NG.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 6, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    Thanks Duane! I managed to get the info now. It is just the CAV.exe
    file which is the main program for scanning files.

    John

    John, Nov 6, 2005