    to work.

    Thanks for any advice...
    , Apr 12, 2006

  2. Guest

    Mark,

    I may be missing the point of what you are trying to ask, but it sounds
    like you want any devices on LAN1 to have a static IP. I'm not sure
    how static you mean; is this going to change every month, once a year,
    or never. If never, then you may just want to set the devices
    themselves to have Static IPs and not rely on DHCP for any services.
    Unless you have DNS or other service information you are using DHCP to
    deliver. From the sound of it however, you may just want to set these
    devices up manually.
    , Apr 12, 2006

  4. Guest

    Thanks for that,

    You are of course right, we can set a static IP directly on the kit.

    But I was wondering if it is possible to define ip ranges to individual
    LAN ports :
    Eg - LAN 1 192.168.1.0/29
    LAN 2 192.168.2.0/29
    LAN 3 192.168.3.1/32

    This is more for my own benefit in monitoring the network - it would
    work equally well with a DHCP across all Ports.

    Mark
    , Apr 12, 2006
  5. Wayne Guest

    I don't know about assigning the sme address to a physical port, but you can
    create a DHCP reservation based on MAC address, so the same NIC always gets
    the same address.
    Wayne, Apr 12, 2006