Setpoint for Winx64 is ready for download from Logitech

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Wayne Wastier, Jun 25, 2005.

    1. Advertising

  1. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 25, 2005

  2. Thomas G. Madsen, Jun 25, 2005
  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Mark Gillespie, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Wayne Wastier

    Flagon Guest

    Flagon, Jun 26, 2005
  6. "Flagon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:50:35 +0100, Mark Gillespie
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Wayne Wastier got up from the bar and shouted: :
    >>> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=9470,OSID=11
    >>>

    >>> Cool. :)
    >>>

    >>> Wayne
    >>>

    >>Well, the even beat Microsoft to it.... Still waiting for MS
    >>Intellipoint/IntelliType software....

    > You have such an overly positive outlook on things. You're sure to be
    > disappointed.

    That is only a realistic outlook. They will eventually come out with x64
    software for their keyboards/mice. :)

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Wayne Wastier got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > "Flagon" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:50:35 +0100, Mark Gillespie
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Wayne Wastier got up from the bar and shouted: :

    >>> Well, the even beat Microsoft to it.... Still waiting for MS
    >>> Intellipoint/IntelliType software....

    >> You have such an overly positive outlook on things. You're sure to be
    >> disappointed.
    >>

    > That is only a realistic outlook. They will eventually come out with x64
    > software for their keyboards/mice. :)

    It just seems a bit piss poor, that Microsoft are expecting 3rd party
    manufacturers to embrace 64bit desktop computing, yet they have not
    exactly hit the ground running themselves..

    It's a case of "do as we say, not as we do.." I think....

    Mark Gillespie, Jun 26, 2005
  8. "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    > Wayne Wastier got up from the bar and shouted: :
    >> "Flagon" <> wrote in message

    >>> You have such an overly positive outlook on things. You're sure to be
    >>> disappointed.
    >>>

    >> That is only a realistic outlook. They will eventually come out with x64
    >> software for their keyboards/mice. :)

    > It just seems a bit piss poor, that Microsoft are expecting 3rd party
    > manufacturers to embrace 64bit desktop computing, yet they have not
    > exactly hit the ground running themselves..
    >
    > It's a case of "do as we say, not as we do.." I think....

    Yes, it does look very shoddy. Several reps from MS have pulled strings,
    yanked wires, and yelled at their own peeps and only got, "Soon" as a
    response.

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 26, 2005
  9. Like you said it will come, just no date thats all, but it will come.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 26, 2005
  10. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    > Like you said it will come, just no date thats all, but it will come.
    > --
    > Andre

    Yup. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 26, 2005
  11. Wayne Wastier wrote:

    > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=9470,OSID=11

    Is anyone else experiencing lots and lots of Event-IDs 59 in
    the error log after installing Setpoint 2.40 build 856?

    | Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.
    | Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
    | on your system. For more information, see Help and Support Center
    | at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    | Generate Activation Context failed for
    | D:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\MFC.
    | Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
    | on your system. For more information, see Help and Support Center
    | at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    What the heck is a reference assembly?

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Jun 29, 2005
  12. Thomas G. Madsen wrote:

    > Is anyone else experiencing lots and lots of Event-IDs 59 in
    > the error log after installing Setpoint 2.40 build 856?

    I get three error messages during startup of Windows and Setpoint to
    be exact. <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/winxp64/logitech/setpoint>.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen