    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 13, 2003

  2. ~misfit~

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <JXCCb.27977$>,
    "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:

    > Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
    > credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
    >
    > Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
    >
    > I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I don't know
    > if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.

    Do you know how far away BOINC is from going mainstream?

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Dec 13, 2003

  3. ~misfit~

    Malcolm Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
    > credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
    >
    > Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
    >
    > I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I don't know
    > if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Congratulations ~misfit~

    Cheers
    Malcolm
    Malcolm, Dec 13, 2003
  4. ~misfit~

    Rob Davison Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark.

    Damn it. I thought you were going to say they'd found LGMs.

    ;-)
    Rob Davison, Dec 13, 2003
  5. ~misfit~

    bruce Guest

    whats the most popular linux work unit caching utility for seti?

    bruce, Dec 13, 2003
  6. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:45:57 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    wrote:

    >Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
    >credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
    >
    >Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
    >
    >I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I don't know
    >if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.
    >
    >Cheers,

    Congratulations :)
    Bret, Dec 13, 2003
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    madknoxie wrote:
    > In article <JXCCb.27977$>,
    > "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029
    >> to my credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
    >>
    >> Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
    >>
    >> I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I
    >> don't know if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.

    > Do you know how far away BOINC is from going mainstream?

    I have no idea, must check it out. I know I had problems for a while, it
    spent the best part of a day just downloading WUs, not processing them, and
    re-downloading. It's fine now though. Each WU is 1MB.

    I do like the client, a lot of info is available, you just click on the tray
    icon and it has a tabbed interface and you can see download status, work
    status, used space on disk... etc. The screensaver is cool too.

    If I find anything out I'll let you (the group) know.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 14, 2003
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029
    >> to my credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
    >>
    >> Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
    >>
    >> I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I
    >> don't know if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > Congratulations ~misfit~

    Thanks Malcolm.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 14, 2003
  9. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Rob Davison wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark.

    > Damn it. I thought you were going to say they'd found LGMs.
    >
    > ;-)

    LOL. I guess I should have put "Personal SETI target achieved" in the
    subject.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 14, 2003
  10. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    bruce wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:45:57 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029
    >> to my credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.

    > whats the most popular linux work unit caching utility for seti?

    I wish I could help you mate. I haven't had much in the way of dealings with
    the penguin. Try alt.sci.seti, it's an informative, friendly group.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 14, 2003
  11. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:45:57 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029
    >> to my credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
    >>
    >> Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
    >>
    >> I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I
    >> don't know if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > Congratulations :)

    Thank you.
    --