    Happy crunching, I'm off to watch the F1 now.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 12, 2004

  2. ~misfit~

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Just a welcome to ZZzzz and Willie, I see you're both showing up on the
    > board for nz.comp. Good to have you aboard.
    >
    > I see from the recent credit I'm not going to stay at P2 for long, I'll be
    > lucky if I'm still in the top 5 in a week or two. It's all good.
    >
    > Happy crunching, I'm off to watch the F1 now.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I'll be joining you.

    I don't have half the hardware of one or two currently climbing the list.

    Though in the past, what I lacked in hardware, I surely made up for in
    dogged, 24/7 commitment......and distributed computing sees turtles do very
    well in the long run.

    Hares often - (though not always!) - get bored quickly. :)

    steve, Sep 12, 2004

  3. ~misfit~

    Dogg Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:27:55 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Just a welcome to ZZzzz and Willie, I see you're both showing up on the
    >board for nz.comp. Good to have you aboard.
    >
    >I see from the recent credit I'm not going to stay at P2 for long, I'll be
    >lucky if I'm still in the top 5 in a week or two. It's all good.
    >
    >Happy crunching, I'm off to watch the F1 now.

    As soon as it looked like the issues were solved, I got as many
    machines on the job as possible. Some of the ones shown for me have
    since been sold etc but there's still a few chugging away nicely :)

    Dogg, Sep 12, 2004
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Just a welcome to ZZzzz and Willie, I see you're both showing up on
    > the board for nz.comp. Good to have you aboard.

    Also welcome to Michael Daly, another new appearance.

    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 12, 2004
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Just a welcome to ZZzzz and Willie, I see you're both showing up on
    >> the board for nz.comp. Good to have you aboard.
    >>
    >> I see from the recent credit I'm not going to stay at P2 for long,
    >> I'll be lucky if I'm still in the top 5 in a week or two. It's all
    >> good.
    >>
    >> Happy crunching, I'm off to watch the F1 now.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~

    > I'll be joining you.
    >
    > I don't have half the hardware of one or two currently climbing the
    > list.

    Same. Some of the machines listed under my name are no longer crunching, I'm
    basically running two on BOINC ATM and the girlfriend (shady angel) is
    running one.

    > Though in the past, what I lacked in hardware, I surely made up for in
    > dogged, 24/7 commitment......and distributed computing sees turtles
    > do very well in the long run.

    I leave one of my BOINC machines on 24/7 (Celeron Tualatin running at
    1.6Ghz), the other about 17/7 due to having to watch the power
    consumption/cost at the moment.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 13, 2004
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dogg wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:27:55 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just a welcome to ZZzzz and Willie, I see you're both showing up on
    >> the board for nz.comp. Good to have you aboard.
    >>
    >> I see from the recent credit I'm not going to stay at P2 for long,
    >> I'll be lucky if I'm still in the top 5 in a week or two. It's all
    >> good.
    >>
    >> Happy crunching, I'm off to watch the F1 now.

    > As soon as it looked like the issues were solved, I got as many
    > machines on the job as possible. Some of the ones shown for me have
    > since been sold etc but there's still a few chugging away nicely :)

    Whew! Then you may not *completely* dominate the list. ;-)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 13, 2004
  7. ~misfit~

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > I leave one of my BOINC machines on 24/7 (Celeron Tualatin running at
    > 1.6Ghz), the other about 17/7 due to having to watch the power
    > consumption/cost at the moment.

    You mnean your power bills aren't over $200 even in the middle of
    summer? :)

    steve, Sep 13, 2004
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> I leave one of my BOINC machines on 24/7 (Celeron Tualatin running at
    >> 1.6Ghz), the other about 17/7 due to having to watch the power
    >> consumption/cost at the moment.

    > You mnean your power bills aren't over $200 even in the middle of
    > summer? :)

    LOL, about $160/month summer and winter.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 13, 2004
  9. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>You mnean your power bills aren't over $200 even in the middle of
    >>summer? :)

    > LOL, about $160/month summer and winter.

    man, you guys use lots.
    in summer me and the mrs use ~$80 and in winter ~$120 and thats with the
    Pc running 24/7 all year round.

    Maybe we just arent home much.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 13, 2004
  10. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> You mnean your power bills aren't over $200 even in the middle of
    >>> summer? :)

    >> LOL, about $160/month summer and winter.

    > man, you guys use lots.
    > in summer me and the mrs use ~$80 and in winter ~$120 and thats with
    > the Pc running 24/7 all year round.
    >
    > Maybe we just arent home much.

    We're in a rental property and have pin-power. You have to buy it in advance
    and you pay more for the privelege. The price-per-unit is high to make up
    for the fact that they aren't charging a line rental fee. It's an ideal
    situation for anyone who uses *very* little power but anyone who uses
    anything from below average upwards (they don't want to lose money do they?)
    pays quite a bit more than someone who gets billed.

    We've run an electric heater for perhaps six hours all-up this last winter.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 13, 2004
  11. ~misfit~

    El Penguino Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Just a welcome to ZZzzz and Willie, I see you're both showing up on the
    >board for nz.comp. Good to have you aboard.

    More the merrier indeed .

    misfit , do you have an URL to the stats ? I couldn't find a link in
    my browsing , and I recall something along the lines of seti
    themselves not having the best stats anyways.

    Ta.

    El Penguino, Sep 13, 2004
  12. ~misfit~

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>You mnean your power bills aren't over $200 even in the middle of
    >>>summer? :)

    >> LOL, about $160/month summer and winter.

    > man, you guys use lots.
    > in summer me and the mrs use ~$80 and in winter ~$120 and thats with the
    > Pc running 24/7 all year round.
    >
    > Maybe we just arent home much.

    Our power bill have regularly peaked at $500 in mid-winter. My eldest
    daughter just won't turn the damn heater off.

    This year, we're in a 140 yo villa with very high ceilings - lovely old
    place - but hell to heat.

    We had one $580 power bill....and I went out and got $100 worth of firewood
    and stuck all the electric heaters heaters in the garage. The next power
    bill was $230.....MUCH BETTER!

    My kids have 30 minutes showers.....girls and long hair....VERY expensive
    that hair is.

    steve, Sep 13, 2004
  13. ~misfit~

    El Penguino Guest

    El Penguino, Sep 13, 2004
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> LOL, about $160/month summer and winter.

    >> man, you guys use lots.
    >> in summer me and the mrs use ~$80 and in winter ~$120 and thats with
    >> the Pc running 24/7 all year round.
    >>
    >> Maybe we just arent home much.

    > Our power bill have regularly peaked at $500 in mid-winter. My eldest
    > daughter just won't turn the damn heater off.

    Ouch! That's one hell of a bill.

    > This year, we're in a 140 yo villa with very high ceilings - lovely
    > old place - but hell to heat.
    >
    > We had one $580 power bill....and I went out and got $100 worth of
    > firewood and stuck all the electric heaters heaters in the garage.
    > The next power bill was $230.....MUCH BETTER!
    >
    > My kids have 30 minutes showers.....girls and long hair....VERY
    > expensive that hair is.

    LOL, I hear ya. I was just having a conversation about the amount of time
    spent in showers with my girlfriend this evening.

    BTW, better watch out, Paddy and Stumpy might come over here and start
    glowering at us. Pretend we're talking about linux. <g>.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 13, 2004
  15. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    El Penguino wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:27:55 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just a welcome to ZZzzz and Willie, I see you're both showing up on
    >> the board for nz.comp. Good to have you aboard.

    > More the merrier indeed .

    Gotta agree.

    > misfit , do you have an URL to the stats ? I couldn't find a link in
    > my browsing , and I recall something along the lines of seti
    > themselves not having the best stats anyways.

    This is the official one:

    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823

    However I like this one:

    http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30823

    And this one's pretty cool too:

    http://www.boinc.dk/index.php?page=team_statistics&project=sah&teamid=30823

    And this page shows that we are currently rated 72nd world-wide:

    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/top_teams.php?sort_by=expavg_credit&offset=6
    0

    > Ta.

    No probs.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 13, 2004
  16. ~misfit~

    Herb Garden Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > LOL, I hear ya. I was just having a conversation about the amount of
    > time spent in showers with my girlfriend this evening.
    >
    > BTW, better watch out, Paddy and Stumpy might come over here and start
    > glowering at us. Pretend we're talking about linux. <g>.

    Yah
    Paddy don't like you spending time in showers with your girlfriend !

    Herb Garden, Sep 13, 2004
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Herb Garden wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >> LOL, I hear ya. I was just having a conversation about the amount of
    >> time spent in showers with my girlfriend this evening.
    >>
    >> BTW, better watch out, Paddy and Stumpy might come over here and
    >> start glowering at us. Pretend we're talking about linux. <g>.

    > Yah
    > Paddy don't like you spending time in showers with your girlfriend !

    LOL, we weren't showering together, we haven't done that for a while.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 13, 2004
  18. ~misfit~

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On , , Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:43:26 +1200, Re: SETI BOINC,
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >steve wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> I leave one of my BOINC machines on 24/7 (Celeron Tualatin running at
    >>> 1.6Ghz), the other about 17/7 due to having to watch the power
    >>> consumption/cost at the moment.

    >> You mnean your power bills aren't over $200 even in the middle of
    >> summer? :)

    >LOL, about $160/month summer and winter.

    By the cringe!!
    I barely use $20 a week. I have a HomePower system, where I
    charge my card up at the Caltex station and swipe it through the
    card reader on the wall at home.
    Yesterdays power was $2.87, being $1.17 of M1 and 19 cents of M2
    power. The daily/line charges are $1.52 though!
    My useage last month was M1 $25.08 and $8.35 of M2 and $47.12 of
    line/daily charges.
    The power costs are M1 0.1321/kWh and M2 0.0933/kWh when I
    checked the meter a few minutes ago.
    I run one computer full time and a fridge and two digital clocks
    also full time.
    I just added everything up and discover it is $81.27 a month.
    I had the HomePower installed when I had tenants here and haven't
    got around to setting it back to the standard system.

    Damon Nomad, Sep 13, 2004
  19. ~misfit~

    Dogg Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:19:53 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >This is the official one:
    >
    >http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823
    >
    >However I like this one:
    >
    >http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30823
    >
    >And this one's pretty cool too:
    >
    >http://www.boinc.dk/index.php?page=team_statistics&project=sah&teamid=30823
    >
    >And this page shows that we are currently rated 72nd world-wide:
    >
    >http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/top_teams.php?sort_by=expavg_credit&offset=6
    >0

    Do you get your seti@home stats showing on the Seti Synergy page? I
    get

    Your BOINC/S@H Stats
    Error for 1 of two reasons:
    1. The BOINC Account Number you have entered is INCORRECT. (Should be
    a number about 5-6 digits long - check here)
    2. Your new to BOINC and your account has not YET returned AND
    credited and work! (Team stats checked hourly - check here to see if
    your listed in team stats)

    I've triple checked and I've definitely got the right account number
    in there....

    Dogg, Sep 13, 2004
  20. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dogg wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:19:53 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> This is the official one:
    >>
    >> http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823
    >>
    >> However I like this one:
    >>
    >> http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30823
    >>
    >> And this one's pretty cool too:

    http://www.boinc.dk/index.php?page=team_statistics&project=sah&teamid=30823

    >> And this page shows that we are currently rated 72nd world-wide:

    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/top_teams.php?sort_by=expavg_credit&offset=6
    >> 0
    >>

    > Do you get your seti@home stats showing on the Seti Synergy page? I
    > get
    >
    > Your BOINC/S@H Stats
    > Error for 1 of two reasons:
    > 1. The BOINC Account Number you have entered is INCORRECT. (Should be
    > a number about 5-6 digits long - check here)
    > 2. Your new to BOINC and your account has not YET returned AND
    > credited and work! (Team stats checked hourly - check here to see if
    > your listed in team stats)
    >
    > I've triple checked and I've definitely got the right account number
    > in there....

    http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/boinc-stats.php?id=7783510

    I just clicked your name from the team page.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 14, 2004