SETI BOINC on Steroids....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    steve, Aug 27, 2004

  2. steve wrote:
    > I've been watching the nz.comp team's BOINC (SETI) scores rocket up since
    > they resumed processing results.

    Im out of WU again... a little consistency would be good.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 27, 2004

  3. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > I've been watching the nz.comp team's BOINC (SETI) scores rocket up
    > since they resumed processing results.
    >
    > Finally!! :)
    >
    > http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823

    Cool huh? I prefer the layout of this site to keep tabs on our teams stats
    although it does lag behind SETI's own site a little:

    http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30823

    For instance, that site has our team at position 122 world-wide whereas I
    just checked the SETI/Berkeley site and it has us listed at P 104.

    Not bad for a little team huh?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 27, 2004
  4. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >> I've been watching the nz.comp team's BOINC (SETI) scores rocket up
    >> since they resumed processing results.

    > Im out of WU again... a little consistency would be good.

    Yeah, two of my machines are out of WUs as well. It should all be fixed soon
    though. (Ever the optimist).

    Your tally has been shooting up Dave.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 27, 2004
  5. ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Your tally has been shooting up Dave.

    luckily I had a whole heap queued up each time it went down, so my
    machines were forever crunching, and they seem to only have been without
    work for relitivly short times.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 27, 2004
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 21:17 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    > > I've been watching the nz.comp team's BOINC (SETI) scores rocket up
    > > since they resumed processing results.
    > >
    > > Finally!! :)
    > >
    > > http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823

    > Cool huh? I prefer the layout of this site to keep tabs on our teams stats
    > although it does lag behind SETI's own site a little:
    >
    > http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30823
    >
    > For instance, that site has our team at position 122 world-wide whereas I
    > just checked the SETI/Berkeley site and it has us listed at P 104.
    >
    > Not bad for a little team huh?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Great!

    And thanks for the link.

    Steve

    steve, Aug 27, 2004
  7. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 21:17 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> steve wrote:
    >>> I've been watching the nz.comp team's BOINC (SETI) scores rocket up
    >>> since they resumed processing results.
    >>>
    >>> Finally!! :)
    >>>
    >>> http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823

    >> Cool huh? I prefer the layout of this site to keep tabs on our teams
    >> stats although it does lag behind SETI's own site a little:
    >>
    >> http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30823
    >>
    >> For instance, that site has our team at position 122 world-wide
    >> whereas I just checked the SETI/Berkeley site and it has us listed
    >> at P 104.
    >>
    >> Not bad for a little team huh?

    > Great!
    >
    > And thanks for the link.

    No probs, it's a great little site, most things are clickable for more info.
    Put together by a SETI team, great effort I think.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 27, 2004
  8. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Your tally has been shooting up Dave.

    > luckily I had a whole heap queued up each time it went down, so my
    > machines were forever crunching, and they seem to only have been
    > without work for relitivly short times.

    That's good. I've had some bad luck. I'll turn all but one machine off as
    there are no WUs, then notice the one machine has some, turn the others on
    and find I'm too late, or only get a few WUs. I have about 12 hours worth
    left ATM on my two fastest machines, hopefully the servers will be serving
    by the time I run out on those machines.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 27, 2004