SETI BOINC Credit at last!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I see this morning that BOINC is distributing credit for the first time in
    nearly two months after their various problems.

    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823

    Not a lot so far considering the WUs I've done in that time but I know a lot
    of the results were lost. I hope they still have some catching up to do as I
    figure I've only been accredited around 4-5% of the work I've done in that
    time, if that. I hope they didn't lose 95%+ of the results as that would
    probably be responsible for several thousand tonnes of CO2 released into the
    atmosphere needlessly from fossil-fuels burnt to provide the CPU power.

    This looks promising, just found it:

    "August 23, 2004
    The validator is up and running and credit is now being calculated for all
    those backlogged results."

    From :
    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/

    Congratulations to MrBlue, a new showing on the scoreboard for team nz.comp.

    Keep on crunching, it looks like we're actually getting somewhere now.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 23, 2004

  2. ~misfit~

    Dogg Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:52:59 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >I see this morning that BOINC is distributing credit for the first time in
    >nearly two months after their various problems.

    <snip>

    Woo hoo!

    Dogg, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Dogg wrote:
    >>I see this morning that BOINC is distributing credit for the first time in
    >>nearly two months after their various problems.

    I notice mine has gone up ~200 in the last few mins... thats all good.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2004
  4. ~misfit~

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > I see this morning that BOINC is distributing credit for the first time in
    > nearly two months after their various problems.

    Good thing I kept crunching WUs as much as possible then.

    They are crediting the backlog.

    steve, Aug 24, 2004
  5. ~misfit~

    <> wrote:

    >I see this morning that BOINC is distributing credit for the first time in
    >nearly two months after their various problems.
    >
    >http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30823
    >
    >Not a lot so far considering the WUs I've done in that time but I know a lot
    >of the results were lost. I hope they still have some catching up to do as I
    >figure I've only been accredited around 4-5% of the work I've done in that
    >time, if that. I hope they didn't lose 95%+ of the results as that would
    >probably be responsible for several thousand tonnes of CO2 released into the
    >atmosphere needlessly from fossil-fuels burnt to provide the CPU power.
    >
    >This looks promising, just found it:
    >
    >"August 23, 2004
    >The validator is up and running and credit is now being calculated for all
    >those backlogged results."
    >
    >From :
    >http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/
    >
    >Congratulations to MrBlue, a new showing on the scoreboard for team nz.comp.
    >
    >Keep on crunching, it looks like we're actually getting somewhere now.

    So who's "Dick" from America?

    Dogg, Aug 24, 2004
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dogg wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:52:59 +1200, "~misfit~"
    >>
    >> Keep on crunching, it looks like we're actually getting somewhere
    >> now.

    > So who's "Dick" from America?

    He's Dick. I'm quite active on the alt.sci.seti NG and a couple of people
    there have asked if they can join 'my' team. I asked here if anyone objected
    a while ago and nobody did so I changed the description of our group to "The
    denizens of the NG nz.comp *and friends*" and gave them the OK to join. We
    have a member from The Netherlands too, I dare say his credit will show up
    soon too.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 24, 2004
  7. ~misfit~

    Dogg Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:04:11 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Dogg wrote:
    >> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:52:59 +1200, "~misfit~"
    >>>
    >>> Keep on crunching, it looks like we're actually getting somewhere
    >>> now.

    >> So who's "Dick" from America?

    >He's Dick. I'm quite active on the alt.sci.seti NG and a couple of people
    >there have asked if they can join 'my' team. I asked here if anyone objected
    >a while ago and nobody did so I changed the description of our group to "The
    >denizens of the NG nz.comp *and friends*" and gave them the OK to join. We
    >have a member from The Netherlands too, I dare say his credit will show up
    >soon too.

    nz.comp shows up quite well in the New Zealand stats

    http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/country.php?country=New Zealand

    Dogg, Aug 24, 2004
  8. ~misfit~

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:28:50 +1200, Dogg
    <doggnz@SPAM_SUCKS.hotmail.SPAM_IS_GAY.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:04:11 +1200, "~misfit~"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Dogg wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:52:59 +1200, "~misfit~"

    >>> So who's "Dick" from America?

    >>He's Dick. I'm quite active on the alt.sci.seti NG and a couple of people
    >>there have asked if they can join 'my' team. I asked here if anyone objected
    >>a while ago and nobody did so I changed the description of our group to "The
    >>denizens of the NG nz.comp *and friends*" and gave them the OK to join. We
    >>have a member from The Netherlands too, I dare say his credit will show up
    >>soon too.

    >nz.comp shows up quite well in the New Zealand stats
    >
    >http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/country.php?country=New Zealand

    I see I've finally turned up in the team listing, perhaps BOINC is
    stable now.

    Bret, Aug 24, 2004
  9. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dogg wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:04:11 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dogg wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:52:59 +1200, "~misfit~"

    >>> So who's "Dick" from America?

    >> He's Dick. I'm quite active on the alt.sci.seti NG and a couple of
    >> people there have asked if they can join 'my' team. I asked here if
    >> anyone objected a while ago and nobody did so I changed the
    >> description of our group to "The denizens of the NG nz.comp *and
    >> friends*" and gave them the OK to join. We have a member from The
    >> Netherlands too, I dare say his credit will show up soon too.

    > nz.comp shows up quite well in the New Zealand stats
    >
    > http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/country.php?country=New Zealand

    Yep. Even though we have a couple of international members now I still have
    the team classified as an NZ team.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 25, 2004
  10. ~misfit~

    Dogg Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:18:25 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >> nz.comp shows up quite well in the New Zealand stats
    >>
    >> http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/country.php?country=New Zealand

    >Yep. Even though we have a couple of international members now I still have
    >the team classified as an NZ team.

    Damn straight! :)

    Dogg, Aug 25, 2004